Umarex Notos scopes used?

Started with a red dot, but felt the gun deserved magnification because it shoots so well, so I put a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 SFP on it. Then I missed the close-up, quick shooting ability of the red dot and went back.
Once I put a longer barrel on it I will go back to the scope again, I think...
Clear as mud?
If my eyes were young I'd go red dot all day.
I'd say if you have a scope you like use it.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
BugBuster 3X12 all day long!!

Light, short, ok glass, inexpensive.
What height rings do you use? I have a red dot on mine with a 1.5 inch mount which seems almost perfect height. I tried a scope with medium mounts and that was just too low. I would like to run it with low mounts. Maybe my face is just shaped differently.

Reactions: Firewalker
What height rings do you use? I have a red dot on mine with a 1.5 inch mount which seems almost perfect height. I tried a scope with medium mounts and that was just too low. I would like to run it with low mounts. Maybe my face is just shaped differently.

Fat Head! :giggle:

No, seriously, I use high rings, Monstrum are fine for me. I can get the Big Air 15 shot mags under it.

I find it interesting that even with 1.5" rings the point blank range with a half inch kill-zone is still 21 yards long
Screenshot_20240418_165046_ChairGun.jpg

I have two Notos. One wears a Monstrum 3x prism with dot reticle. It's perfect and super clear. Solves the fuzzy red dot problem. Monstrum prisms are pretty amazing.
The scopes I've tried are Veyron 3-12x, Veyron 10x, Hawke Vantage 4x, and finally settled on Vantage 2-7x. All work great. Since I'm not doing a lot of target shooting with the Notos, I like low power for linking. Don't get me wrong, the first Notos I bought is a tack driver. The second one seems just as accurate, but I've only paper tested it to get it on target, since then I've linked a great deal and it hits everything I point it at. So they're certainly worth a good scope if you like.

Tried others but always go back to the 3x9x12 BugBuster. It is a pretty decent scope with all the accessories.
You will need to buy a set of picatinny medium height scope rings. The set it comes with will not work.
I have seen them on Amazon for 15 bucks give or take.

A word of caution, I experienced on eBay and Amazon that each manufacturer has there own height standard.
One guys medium is another guys high. Just be aware.

Same for me. Better glass, better eye relief, size and weight comparable to Bug Buster.
Seconded, Vantages and Veyrons are better. Bugbusters (AKA Victoptics C3) are not edge-to-edge clear and if the turrets aren't close to their center positions then half the image is going to be blurry. They can work well, but only if you mount them such that only minimal turret adjustment is needed to zero them, with lots of shimming, assuming you have first spent some time finding the most central position for the turrets. Basically, if the inside parts of a Bugbuster are pointing too much in a specific direction, then half the image is going to be blurry in that same direction.
When set right, a Bugbuster/C3 is still a little bit blurry on just the edges, but it's not too bad.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Perle