Notos rotary clip

I have 4 of the oem mags and only one has offered to jam and I adjusted the center screw and it has worked fine since.. probably have a tin and a half of 18 gr JSBs thru them plus a few hundred other pellets.
Would like to get some Carm mags but dont like giving my debit card number out over the net and don't have any credit cards, wish he took paypal.

Reactions: Firewalker
I have 4 of the oem mags and only one has offered to jam and I adjusted the center screw and it has worked fine since.. probably have a tin and a half of 18 gr JSBs thru them plus a few hundred other pellets.
Would like to get some Carm mags but dont like giving my debit card number out over the net and don't have any credit cards, wish he took paypal.
I'm going to try some 18 jsb's and see what happens, ordering out of USA is taking a chance with customs.

Just noticed on Pyramid air their replacement mags have a round window access hole and my mag has a elongated hole. Is it possible that ones with round holes have no jamming problems, please let us know if this is true. Screenshot_20230819_090936_Chrome.jpg

Just noticed on Pyramid air their replacement mags have a round window access hole and my mag has a elongated hole. Is it possible that ones with round holes have no jamming problems, please let us know if this is true.View attachment 381858
All of my mags have the elongated hole also, so that doesnt seem to be the solution either.

I can help you with this if you like, message me please.

I too am having many problems with pellets jamming. I have replaced the original mags with Carm's and it helped, but did not fix the issue. I have found that the only pellet that will load without jamming are the RWS 14 grain wadcutters. They come in 250 count tins on Amazon.com. They are also the most accurate that I have found. At 25 yards, I can routinely put 5 shots and they are in the same hole. I am now looking for information on how to remove the barrel so I can grind/polish the barrel feed ramp and possibly decrease the distance between the barrel to loading gate face. Thanks for any assistance.

The Notos mags are not made for wadcutters, the single tray is for those.

Barrel removal is simple: Remove the screw at the back of the pic rail and then remove the grub screw in the same hole under the first one. PULL the barrel straight out, do not twist it, you will chew up your o-rings if you do.

Remove the o-ring inside the barrel before you start any polishing.

Reactions: Rawroots
The Notos mags are not made for wadcutters, the single tray is for those.

Barrel removal is simple: Remove the screw at the back of the pic rail and then remove the grub screw in the same hole under the first one. PULL the barrel straight out, do not twist it, you will chew up your o-rings if you do.

Remove the o-ring inside the barrel before you start any polishing.
Thank you Firewalker. I read a description somewhere that was exactly as you described it and was hoping to have someone confirm it. I can see the rough finish and sharp lip on my barrel. It is so bad it just tilts the pellets and binds it up. For some reason the wadcutters do feed pretty well. I would think that they would be the worse type, but for whatever reason they surprised me. I have had some experience cleaning up feed ramps and using Brownells .22 swaging tools to fix .22 rifles that were pumps and autoloaders and had too much dry firing, so I intend to take it slow and easy. I don't want to damage my barrel, as it has proven to be very accurite. Thanks again!

I believe this is why notos has jamming problems, the probe pulls next pellet half way out.

I finally figured out the other day that the jamming was being caused by the pellets backing out of the mags but I had no idea how or why it was happening. At first I thought it was from tipping the muzzle upward but that test did nothing. You most definitely nailed it with that great video showing it as it happens! I checked 4 of my mags. Some had the next pellet come out easily

I was thinking about adding some JB Weld to make the pellets fit tighter in the mag so they wouldn't be moving rearward, but your idea of some scribe marks is a great solution! Please let us know if it solves it 100% for you. I have 12 mags I would like to get working.

Does the problem go away with the newer design clear plastic covers from Pyramyd Air with the smaller hole? I suppose you would have to load the first pellet backwards from the front with those...

My notos mag allowed pellet probe to drag out next pellet , what I'm trying is scribing deep scratches in pelletmag wheel to catch pellet skirt when retracting pellet probe for next shot, so far its working, six mags successfully works without jam, I've got my fingers crossed.

View attachment 385706

Last edited:
Just in case there are others out there who didn't already know this.....The screw that holds the clear cover in place is locked in position by a small grub screw from the bottom! I was using repositionable thread locker on it to adjust magazines until I accidentally discovered the set screw when I couldn't turn that screw in far enough to hold the clear cover properly. (Ever watch the show Idiotest?)

I linked this thread with my thread on tuning Notos mags. I think with a proper adjustment and some way like the grooves shown above or something else to prevent the probe from pulling a pellet backwards this type of jamming will be cured. This type of jam I am pretty sure accounts for every jam that prevented me from removing a magazine on my Notos. However, some pellets are still hanging up on the throat of the chamber so that sharp edge will need to be chamfered. They tend to jam when chambering if the magazine is pushed too far inward as the magnet and alignment bits are not holding it steadily in the right position to feed a pellet straight into the chamber. Has anyone had chambering issues with Carm magazines? I have not ready of any, just the pulling rearward of the pellet by the probe.

I covered just slightly less than half of the oval hole in the clear cover with two layers of clear packing tape on the magazine side of the cover and one layer on the other side and it stopped the pellets from being dragged out by the probe. Granted this is not a permanent fix, but it does show that the oval hole is allowing the pellets to be dragged out of the magazine and jamming the mag in the gun with a pellet partially into the hole where the probe runs. I would gladly have to insert the first pellet backwards from the front of the mag to eliminate jamming. The fact that the Carm mags do the same thing for some people would indicate they also might need a smaller opening on the rear of the magazine to eliminate this particular jamming problem.

I have done some plastic "welding" before and feel pretty confident that I could fill part of that opening with some similar clear plastic if I could get my hands on some, though the time spent probably isn't worth it for a $12 magazine. If enough people are getting this type of jamming with the Carm mags, maybe he will offer a similar setup to the Pyramyd mag as an option. I know I would prefer that on a Carm to be 100% sure I won't get any drag back jams with it.

Has Umarex started offering a magazine with a smaller hole on the cover or is it just the ones from Pyramyd Air?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rawroots