Umarex Notos porting

Larger porting allows you to drop your regulator pressure more to achieve the same FPE as you would with more narrow ports at higher pressures. So in essence you would be able to potentially have a wider PSI range which should net more shots. I also believe larger ports CAN be more efficient when de-tuned, this is because you can expel more air in a shorter span of time (less dwell) which effectively transfers more energy to the pellet, a short hard push vs a long soft push if you will.

-Matt

I plan on in near future porting my barrel and valve once my drop block and tank arrives. In the past I would shoot for power over everything else. I am pushing for shots over fpe. Will porting make my gun more efficient and still allow me to angle my tune for most shots. I want a plinker that I can shoot a lot.

This gun was designed to have its greatest efficiency at the factory settings. Like others have said, you can back out the hammer spring for more efficiency but you may lose your tune.

The Notos is impressively balanced as is but the carbon fiber bottle conversion, barrel crowning and threading are great mods as well.