Umarex NOTOS Owners and modifications:

Airgun Al

Dec 6, 2023
usa
The Notos seems like a inexpensive, short, accurate airgun option.
Plenty of satisfied owners here, performing their own modifications.
Most these mods, seem to be focused on increasing the air capacity, by attaching a bottle.
Personally, I am more interested in increasing the power, while still maintaing decent accuracy....
Im courious if anyone is increasing the FPE and if so, by how much, and still maintain resonable accuracy???

I've converted a lot of Notos for customers and I offer a porting package that has not affected accuracy negatively. Porting though is not really an option with the OEM air tube however, there isn't enough air in the tube for many repeated shots as porting will allow for a lot more to be used per shot.
Did they announce a new rifle, very similar to the Notos, but much more power?

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker
Because it's SO FUN! 🤣😍😆😁
Well I didn't say it's not fun. I've played with mine a bit too.
20240407_142401.jpg

Allen

The Notos seems like a inexpensive, short, accurate airgun option.
Plenty of satisfied owners here, performing their own modifications.
Most these mods, seem to be focused on increasing the air capacity, by attaching a bottle.
Personally, I am more interested in increasing the power, while still maintaing decent accuracy....
Im courious if anyone is increasing the FPE and if so, by how much, and still maintain resonable accuracy???

There has been good news as of late. Without doing any porting and/or permanent changes, I have been able to increase velocity from 740fps to a whopping 812fps with just an FX liner/barrel kit from c88machining on ebay.

This was achieved with a 700mm liner while the 500mm liner gave a solid 800fps.

In the near future, I will be modding a brand new Notos with full 5mm porting through all the receiver, air block and transfer port, the custom made thimble will utilize multiple ports for full use of all the new air.

The wanted result of all this will be to make a modular, easy to build, step by step, full power air rifle that will reliably shoot at 100y with the pellet or slug of choice within the confines of the available magazines.

20240417_172158.jpg

Last edited:
OK, today I started with a new in the box Notos, I ported it front to back at 5mm, twin thimble ports at 5mm as well.

2900 psi regulator with the stock hammer spring and got a whopping 915fps with CPHP's!

I figure that once I change over to the Z-block, put a plenum on it and a bigger bottle, I should be able to tune it and settle on a pellet for her.

I stole the mod, drop-block, reg and bottle from my EDS but she will be getting them all back when I switch over to the Z-block.

20240428_172128.jpg

20240428_172148.jpg

OK, today I started with a new in the box Notos, I ported it front to back at 5mm, twin thimble ports at 5mm as well.

2900 psi regulator with the stock hammer spring and got a whopping 915fps with CPHP's!

I figure that once I change over to the Z-block, put a plenum on it and a bigger bottle, I should be able to tune it and settle on a pellet for her.

I stole the mod, drop-block, reg and bottle from my EDS but she will be getting them all back when I switch over to the Z-block.

View attachment 460012

View attachment 460013
If they came out of the box, from the factory, shooting that hard, I would own one!
Nice job!
Looking forward to accuracy results.

Reactions: Firewalker
If they came out of the box, from the factory, shooting that hard, I would own one!
Nice job!
Looking forward to accuracy results.

The whole point to what I am doing is to create a #6, nearly silent slug shooter. I hope to make this version available for sale soon.

I took it out tonight in the rain and popped a Starling and boy, let me tell you, the sound the pellet made at 50y hitting flesh was the reward I was looking for!

The sound the gun makes with the subscriber moderator insert is purely mechanical now.

Reactions: Airgun Al