• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Umarex Notos or PP750?

Im looking for a low power pcp for ratting and barn work. I was going to pick up a brk atomic, but got to thinking. I have several high end guns that are setup for certain jobs, but why do I need to spend another $1k plus for a low power, short distance setup?

I decided to look into the notos, but 2 things seem to always stop me from pulling the trigger. First, the moderator is fixed, making it a no go to use my favorite moderators or even try to make it quieter than it is.
Second, the cocking lever was put on the left. No idea why umarex did this, but I find it difficult to remain on target placed here. I owned an rti prophet, and sold it just for that reason. I just couldn’t get used to it.

So now there’s the PP750. I’ve owned one of these in the past, but it was used, and had some work done to it at veradium air (not sure if they’re still in business), and it was a super fun little shooter. I sold it for bigger and better things, but always look back and think I should have kept it.
So it’s pretty much the same gun as the notos, but has the cocking lever on the right, and the poopty 2 rod style retractable stock that while it has cool factor, is pretty impractical.

So which one would you get? Similarly priced. Basically same gun.

Notos hands down. I enjoy shooting it as much as my Mini for what it is. I tuned mine to 15fpe and with a red dot just simply a fantastic little gun. I didn't think I'd like the lever on the left but works very nicely. And noise wise don't see any reason to try anything different as it works very well.
Noise wise, would you consider it mousefart at that power? And what about length compared to your mini? I see it has an 11.5” barrel compared to the mini’s 10”.
Not that it’s a bad thing, but you’re the perfect person to pick your brain cause you have both

Noise wise, would you consider it mousefart at that power? And what about length compared to your mini? I see it has an 11.5” barrel compared to the mini’s 10”.
Not that it’s a bad thing, but you’re the perfect person to pick your brain cause you have both
Length wise I think within an inch of the Mini setup with same LOP. Noise wise yes I believe it's very quiet. I get home later today from a quick camping trip and will shoot the Notos side by side the Mini. I believe it's quite a bit quieter than the Mini. But has been a week or 2 since shooting them both. Life's been busy.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Report from firewalker
First up was the original red split insert. 5 shots, 87, 86, 87, 88, 86 decibels, 87dB average. My meter on the red inserts after a couple shots 90dBA. are all mouse farts close to the same lol.

My 8" long insert brings my dB to 62 at 10 feet, directly inline with the bore (I shot the sound meter once by accident) so I would call that mouse fart quiet

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Being that the barrel needs to be threaded thats a huge detractor since I don't have a lathe or know a competent machinist/smith I'd trust to do this nearby.

Shipping is minimal, I do a good job and I cold blue the exposed steel. Its as big a deal as you make it.

Shipping is minimal, I do a good job and I cold blue the exposed steel. Its as big a deal as you make it.
I’ll be hitting you up at some point. Ordered the notos today. Gonna put a couple mags through it when I get it just for test purposes, then I’ll ship it to you while I place the order for some carm mags.