• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Notos or p-rod

So far, just 14.3 grain CPUD's and 15.89 grain JSB Hades. The Hades make a nice tight group at 40 yards!

View attachment 335386

This is 14 rounds shot at 40 yards with the Hades. This is a 6" target.
That is impressive shooting at 40 yards... Will it become one of the rotating chefs at Paulies Place?🤓🐀

I don’t have experience with any but if it were me. P-rod….no way. They can’t be serious at 400 bucks. Jet….eh it’s a hatsan. Would def be the notos for me.
Actually, the quality of the Jet is quite good! I have owned several different Hatsan's over the years, some better than others, some were pure garbage, but they were all built like tanks (and just as heavy)! This one is very light weight, compact and pretty accurate. Definately one of their better air guns, and at a decent entry level price. Overall, I'd say the Notos is better, but it's also longer, heavier, and easily broken down, so there are trade offs! If you are looking for a light backpack PCP, the Jet is an excellent choice since it can be broken down with no tools required, and once available, you can pack along an extra air cylinder to double your shot count in the field.

The Prod needs to be updated to make it competative with the current offerings. It's a solid platform and was about the only option in this category for quite a few years, but to stay viable, it needs to be updated and the price adjusted to keep it compretative in today's market!

The Prod has plenty of power for pesting around the house , or squirrels in the woods. I do agree that it should cost less , if I remember correct it was 300 bucks a long time ago. The np03 seems nice , metal construction and from Turkey.

If your having fun with the Notos then it's a winner.

20230226_115040.jpg

The Prod has plenty of power for pesting around the house , or squirrels in the woods. I do agree that it should cost less , if I remember correct it was 300 bucks a long time ago. The np03 seems nice , metal construction and from Turkey.

View attachment 336066

I guess I sounded harsh on the P rod. Benji/ Crossman makes up half my pcps I’m a fan.

I was just trying to illustrate the Notos does it all well ….

I have a 1322 HPA … That I love …

No dissing of the P rod.
It’s the OG

I guess I sounded harsh on the P rod. Benji/ Crossman makes up half my pcps I’m a fan.

I was just trying to illustrate the Notos does it all well ….

I have a 1322 HPA … That I love …

No dissing of the P rod.
It’s the OG
True, but crosman sure uses that to their advantage to bleed people of their money! How have they went up in price vs staying or dropping over a decade? It's literally the same parts since it's inception. They did carve out that niche in the industry though.

If I came across one for $200-$250, I'd be hard pressed to pass it up. I can't justify $400+ when I know I'll dump another $300 into to it.

Reactions: Perle and UCChris

View attachment 336066
The np03 can be made into quite the little bad ass carbine, and they shoot lights out with tons of different pellets. They have choked barrels so they are a bit slug picky.

The np03 can be made into quite the little bad ass carbine, and they shoot lights out with tons of different pellets. They have choked barrels so they are a bit slug picky.

NP03 > Notos

I have both.

Both cost the same as the NP03 were on clearance

Sadly is no longer available new anywhere

The NP needs a supressor but it has the 1/2 20 threaded end.

Last edited:
So far, my Kral made airguns with choked barrels (Akela, NP03) have been very innaccurate with CPHP.
I returned the Akela.
The NP03 in .22 shoots accuratelty now with other softer pellets.
My other NP03 in .177 is still not accurate enough with the other 5+ pellets I tried.

I mostly like the Kral air guns but their choked barrels suck with CPHP and other cheaper pellets.

I have many airguns very accurate with CPHP .22 cal but the Kral airguns are very innaccurate with them.

So far, my Kral made airguns with choked barrels (Akela, NP03) have been very innaccurate with CPHP.
I returned the Akela.
The NP03 in .22 shoots accuratelty now with other softer pellets.
My other NP03 in .177 is still not accurate enough with the other 5+ pellets I tried.

I mostly like the Kral air guns but their choked barrels suck with CPHP and other cheaper pellets.

I have many airguns very accurate with CPHP .22 cal but the Kral airguns are very innaccurate with them.
That sucks, I have had good luck with mine shooting the crosman pellets. I've also tuned mine for those pellets. Krals come smoking hot out of the box because they're set up for heavier pellets like 18s.

My 177 bottle gun I had it set up at 850 fps with cphp 7.9s and it was shooting dimes at 50 yards. Over 250 shots on a 3000 psi fill. Had a shortened barrel and different hammer spring to get it there.

My 22 mega is regulated set at 120 bar gives me 90 shots on a 280cc tube and 14.3 crosmans doing 870 fps with a 16" barrel vs the stock 23" barrel. It actually shoots those the best out of jsb or h&n pellets so I guess I lucked out.

That sucks, I have had good luck with mine shooting the crosman pellets. I've also tuned mine for those pellets. Krals come smoking hot out of the box because they're set up for heavier pellets like 18s.

My 177 bottle gun I had it set up at 850 fps with cphp 7.9s and it was shooting dimes at 50 yards. Over 250 shots on a 3000 psi fill. Had a shortened barrel and different hammer spring to get it there.

My 22 mega is regulated set at 120 bar gives me 90 shots on a 280cc tube and 14.3 crosmans doing 870 fps with a 16" barrel vs the stock 23" barrel. It actually shoots those the best out of jsb or h&n pellets so I guess I lucked out.
I really the 2 Kral NP03 I have except for their lack of accuracy at hitting 1.5" spinnner targets at 60 yards with CPHP or other cheap pellets.

I really the 2 Kral NP03 I have except for their lack of accuracy at hitting 1.5" spinnner targets at 60 yards with CPHP or other cheap pellets.

This reminds me of the guys with high horsepower cars trying to drag race on street tires

You need “drag radials “

Ie. Some “good pellets “

May I suggest JSB and H& N pellets. I promise you you ll get the “traction “ to get you to the finish line

Reactions: starlingassn
Just to be clear, if you pull the Notos apart & polish the adjustment screw tips, polish the sear (esp. the angled portion that holds the hammer back) the hammer itself is the key (esp. the lip) & side contact points, add krytox lube you will be amazed @how nice the trigger can become. Always check your safety with unloaded gun after adjusting the trigger pull.

If your as picky as FLgunner (which is a good thing) you can throw in a lighter trigger spring. Plenty of useful documentation that can cross over to the Notos. Google: PP750 Artemis tear down & tune up

Hello. I’m interested in getting a small carbine pcp, primarily for plinking and maybe some squirrels. It seems like the notos and the p-rod are similar in a lot of ways. A new p-rod is a good bit more expensive than the notos. Can anyone recommend one over the other and why? Or any other options in the $300-400 range? Thanks in advance!
I owned both, if they were the same price it would be a toss up, but at almost 200 bucks more for the prod, the Notos is a better deal

No experience with the Notos so I can't really say. But my Prod was my first PCP and I have no desire for another similar gun. I shot it today because I shot it at my metal squirrel target a day or two ago and it didn't flip the paddle. So I thought something might be wrong with it. I got it in early 2020 and it has never had an issue but still. Well guess what. Somebody needed to fill it up. Before I retuned it for more power it used to shoot pretty well at 1500+ but it doesn't any more. Filled to 3000 velocity rises for about 3 shots and then starts to fall and when you go seriously under 2000 it's time for a refill. Filled with air it flips that paddle just fine. Scope did not need re-zerod either. I hadn't shot it in probably six months. I really like my P35s but my 25 was off a bit when I pulled it out and shot it after sitting a similar amount of time.

My point is just that the Prod is not just a shot, light, easy to hand pump PCP with adequate power. It also is reliable and parts are readily available at reasonable price. Purchase price isn't everything. My Prod is also my only PCP that I haven't messed with the trigger. It was good right out of the box.

It also put three out of 4 shots at 35 yards into one ragged hole. I am willing to take the blame for the 4th - it was about a half inch left of the group. Still would have downed a squirrel nicely. It shoots Crosman domed and hollow point good enough for most purposes but I mostly use H&N copper plated FTTs. The Crosmans are cheaper but I like seeing the nice little groups the H&Ns give me.

Last edited: