• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Notos or p-rod

You guys need to keep all this PRod bashing to a minimum. Not helping me out on my newly posted PRod for sale. All hail the PRod.
But yours is awesome! Just not all the others. I'm kidding, they are good guns and you will end up selling it. Don't see many woods walkers come up for sale, and I know first hand you take care of your guns. I even considered driving down and getting from ya, but I gotta thin things out myself. Did always want a WW.

Reactions: Joedirt199
I see no argument.

Notos fits the same slot as the Prod, but more than a decade later.

Wouldn’t you expect it to be more powerful?
Regulated?
Larger mags….
I would be disappointed if it wasn’t an improvement.

If it wasn’t all that, why make it at all? Jazz up the PP750, it’s a good idea.

I won’t buy one only because it’s too close to my slug of Lego guns. No argument from me.

Nothing to see here…move along.

That's nice you keep bringing up one guys Prod. It's not a problem for 99% of the owners. And his partners has been troubled free. Do a search for Fx, daystate, brocock , Umerex , see how many guys have leaks . Easily fx would have more leaks . And there's owners that want something perfect from the manufacturer and others that will fix the issues. Because fixing leaks are pcp 101 ? Haven't touched mine since I've owned it. Ok I have adjusted the hammer screw and hammer throw without removing the stock. I been through both regs on my fx and pulled the barrel 5x. Haven't touched the Prod other than simple adjustment unobstructed with a hex wrenches . Keep crying wolf about ONE GUYS Prod just makes owners of Prods realize what kind of mentality were arguing with. Like you see Prod troubles all the time . Wake up dip stick. Do you realize how many Prods are in use . Not obsolete not even close. Wang Chung.
The points made on both sides are valid… But why add insults fellow AGN member/members? We can disagreed or even be wrong headed in a respectful manner. Both platforms have their fans or users, what’s the downside again? That we get to choose which one we like? I thought more choices was a good thing? Fun with Airguns, our common bond.

The points made on both sides are valid… But why add insults fellow AGN member/members? We can disagreed or even be wrong headed in a respectful manner. Both platforms have their fans or users, what’s the downside again? That we get to choose which one we like? I thought more choices was a good thing? Fun with Airguns, our common bond.
Well said. It’s just one of those things for me. I love the platform that the p-rod provides. I also love saving up my money until I can afford that next upgrade, running to my shop with my new part in hand, and spending the rest of the night tinkering until I get just a bit more efficiency, or that extra ftlb of energy, or that perfect new look. Is the notos better? On paper, yes, for me? I don’t know. And I’m content not to find out. What I’m not going to do is give anyone issues for having an opinion either way. See y’all on the range.

Crazy about my P Rod......more about it later ;)
P Rod 2.jpg

I have always loved the p rod. With the mods that have been done to both I consider the notos to be equal in performance. A stock p rod is not equal with the notos in my opinion. The reg and higher fill pressure changes everything...

View attachment 373659

View attachment 373661
The mods you have done to the PROD to make it equal to the Notos probably made your PROD 3 times more expensive than a Notos.

I see myself owning a few Notos in various calibers and various mods.

Umarex should definitely come with a .177 Notos, and with various barrel options.
They would make a killing.

Reactions: Dairyboy
The mods you have done to the PROD to make it equal to the Notos probably made your PROD 3 times more expensive than a Notos.

I see myself owning a few Notos in various calibers and various mods.

Umarex should definitely come with a .177 Notos, and with various barrel options.
They would make a killing.
I agree. I would like to see someone print a forearm or make a stock out of wood for the notos. I would buy one for sure. I still like my p rods they will always be in my collection...

I agree. I would like to see someone print a forearm or make a stock out of wood for the notos. I would buy one for sure. I still like my p rods they will always be in my collection...
The Notos has the same air tube as the Snowpeak PP750.

The PP750 already has several 3D picatinny mounts that can be attached to the air tube:

I already printed the longer one. I may attach it to the Notos at some point.

After you have the picatinny mount attached to the air tube any forearm with picatinny rails can be attached to it.

I have a Notos and really like it. The only thing that bothers me is the short warranty .
I just ordered a P-Rod because I like the customer support provided by Crossman / Benjamin. I feel that I will shoot each and decide what I like best. If the Notos fails I will throw it in the trash, if the P- Rod fails I will call Rich at Airgun Revisions to get it repaired

I have a Notos and really like it. The only thing that bothers me is the short warranty .
I just ordered a P-Rod because I like the customer support provided by Crossman / Benjamin. I feel that I will shoot each and decide what I like best. If the Notos fails I will throw it in the trash, if the P- Rod fails I will call Rich at Airgun Revisions to get it repaired

Just sell it to me for parts if you break it. ;)