Tuning NOTOS MODS

I know this has been discussed many times before. Been busy lately with life, work and family and not tinkering. Just finished a side lever for the .25 NOTOS . Was really liking the mods done by Genob and waiting on Firewalker to complete his side levers but decided to try it myself. Only using hand tools I think my first prototype came out ok but I will try several others to see if I can improve. I also want to make one for my .177 bottled PP750 and .22 NOTOS. All 3 have drop block and bottle mods with 16.9 inch Crosman Akela and KRATOS barrels and full shrouds with crosman baffles. Today I was shooting 20 grain .25 and averaged 780 fps with 3500 psi fill and reg set at 2150 psi out of 1 mag.

lever1.jpg

lever3.jpg

lever2.jpg

lever4.jpg

Thank you Ranchibi. EmptyTin_Tim the barrel is shouldered and will go into breech but is about 3/16 short. On 1 I drilled end of breech and on another build I filed down the barrel. Both with just hand tools. I really would like to get a lathe but maybe one day. The shrouds are cut down to size and using Benjamin end bushing and shroud ends with carbon tubes glued over. All pretty simple to do. Of course the block that the drop block and the drop block are opened up a bit. Still think I can get more out of them.

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim