Umarex Notos Magazines

After I got my Notos tuned the way I wanted it, my only problem was the stock mags, which we all know are horrible. I've read of some working without problems, but that wasn't the case with mine, they wouldn't feed the first round without excessive force, and then the rest fed pretty decent, but I could see that the hold and the pellets were misaligned on all the rest of the holes. So, an aftermarket mag was in order. I love CARM mags, but thought I'd give Maple Custom mags, and they arrived today. If anything, they are a bit smoother than CARM. They rotate like they're on ball bearings, and feed sooooo smooth. If you're having problems, get some of thes mags and give them a try.

After I got my Notos tuned the way I wanted it, my only problem was the stock mags, which we all know are horrible. I've read of some working without problems, but that wasn't the case with mine, they wouldn't feed the first round without excessive force, and then the rest fed pretty decent, but I could see that the hold and the pellets were misaligned on all the rest of the holes. So, an aftermarket mag was in order. I love CARM mags, but thought I'd give Maple Custom mags, and they arrived today. If anything, they are a bit smoother than CARM. They rotate like they're on ball bearings, and feed sooooo smooth. If you're having problems, get some of thes mags and give them a try.
That's all I use in my Notos is the Maple mega mags. Just outstanding and so smooth. I threw the original mag in a parts drawer!

Hey guys, newb to PCP here in Ohio after owning just one break barrel Gamo, but I got the Notos CRK from Pyramid a week ago. After finding a hand pump that actually works, I’m pumped up. I’ve been able to fire with the single shot adapter. The stock 7-shot magazine however will not load. Particularly this black plastic piece shown with the yellow arrow in the attached photo. Does this mag look correct? The bolt slides forward and hits this black plastic piece in the mag when the magnets are lined up. Is it supposed to be removed ? Nothing in the manual about this. I am realizing I will have to go with an aftermarket mag like the Maple from Canada, but I can’t believe I can’t simply shoot the gun right out of the box. Thanks for any advice.

IMG_6416.jpeg

IMG_6407.jpeg

Reactions: Rizz01
The pellet pusher won’t go through the magazine because this is an indication your magazine is empty and needs filled again.
Thanks, just figured it out. Loading it from the back side and rotating it to build tension is what I didn’t get. Went through a couple mags without issue but still ordered the Maple 10-shot. Now to start on pest control.

Reactions: Rizz01
I was actually very fortunate to get a good working mag. Seems like in AoA's pre-testing they could have addressed it, or it was "pot luck". After about 1k or so pellets, it started to lose accuracy. Cleaned barrel and accuracy was no better or worse. Dropped in the SS tray and everything changed for the better. Ordered a pair of mags from Maple Custom and they arrived yesterday. Very nice! Can't wait to use them.

I was actually very fortunate to get a good working mag. Seems like in AoA's pre-testing they could have addressed it, or it was "pot luck". After about 1k or so pellets, it started to lose accuracy. Cleaned barrel and accuracy was no better or worse. Dropped in the SS tray and everything changed for the better. Ordered a pair of mags from Maple Custom and they arrived yesterday. Very nice! Can't wait to use them.
I'd like to know what the difference is between a good and bad one. I don't blame the retailer, as they can only sell what they've been given.