Notos losing some psi between shoot sessions

I can see guys seeing that the air supply seems to drop fast because it is more noticeable with a smaller tank. It is a hand pump friendly gun which is one reason why I bought it. Grab it, a can of pellets and a pump and go into the woods for the day. If nothing else a pump makes for a good club.

Ready to rock n roll
B8011016-8EAF-46C7-95C1-740F6AD9F72F.jpeg
0A60F0E7-E8E5-4214-ACDA-FAAB96DFDB75.jpeg
5D4C796D-E851-4306-B1CB-343E48656062.jpeg

The notos appears to be a dressed up pp750 with the cocking lever on the opposite side. Same air tube and valve which are known for leaking at the valve and or fill port. All it takes is a spec of debris to make the fill port leak. Put a disposable glove or plastic bag over the end of the tube covering the gauge and fill port and secure it tight with some tape so it holds air. If it blows up you have a leak, easy to fix. You can do the same thing to the barrel to check if the valve is leaking, not as easy of a fix tho

Reactions: Perle
When filling any rifle, internals get warm so psi show higher. When pieces get cold again, psi show lower.

Hi Emu

Yes that’s science and observed. That’s not what I was talking about. Storing it after a shoot at “x” psi and coming back a few days later and its “x - 200” psi

No filling occurring hours before storing it away

Reactions: JEHolloway
Me thinks you could be right !

However I have to consider my storage room is the first room the AC hits when running. Even if I set house at 69 …. That storage room is down frigid .

So I believe it could be the difference in ambient temps between outside temps and. A very cold room.

It’s stabilized so …. I’ll just keep an eye on it

Reactions: LMNOP
Wasnt sure if you were asking me so sorry if not. Has mil dots between the crosshairs about 8 total horizontally and vertically

I like it. It gets great reviews and I’ve seen it on many a carbine. All you guys can’t be wrong. You don’t need high end to put it in the X at 30

Prism was $79 So the pinty beats that handily

You are hitting the mark with it ?

Well folks. I dropped my new Notos off at UPS today. It's going back to Pyramyd on an RMA. It's leaking. Quite badly actually. It lost 1k psi overnight Saturday. Repressurized it yesterday morning to 3k and shot one pellet through it. This morning it had dropped to 1500 psi. Totally unacceptable. I only got to shoot ~20 pellets through it before it started acting up. Tried the soapy water trick and couldn't figure out where the air is going. I assume it must be leaking from the regulator into the barrel. Thought about taking it apart, but hey it's a new gun under warranty. So it's going back. I really wanted to like this gun, but I think I'm going to get something else...something better. Something that doesn't leak.

Well folks. I dropped my new Notos off at UPS today. It's going back to Pyramyd on an RMA. It's leaking. Quite badly actually. It lost 1k psi overnight Saturday. Repressurized it yesterday morning to 3k and shot one pellet through it. This morning it had dropped to 1500 psi. Totally unacceptable. I only got to shoot ~20 pellets through it before it started acting up. Tried the soapy water trick and couldn't figure out where the air is going. I assume it must be leaking from the regulator into the barrel. Thought about taking it apart, but hey it's a new gun under warranty. So it's going back. I really wanted to like this gun, but I think I'm going to get something else...something better. Something that doesn't leak.
I think that every industry has a 3% product defect as being normal and some could go as high as 10%. Items that are put together on Wednesday are generally better than the ones put together on a Monday or Friday lol. Funny how that works. Mine is on backorder so I have to wait a month to either cheer or cry about it.