After filling to the red/green line:

32BF7A59-AF08-40CB-AEED-E6D283285F4C.png

PSI after 30min:

D0127B2E-6172-4C09-B7E4-3643267C0DF6.jpeg

After one hour:
BE8A2426-E3CA-4534-9C8A-4391175AD034.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle
Hahhaah -- 100%, Notos FTW! :) :) Very happy to help good sir!
I almost ordered a Jet ….

The Notos is so easy to shoot well. Digests a variety of pellets well ( your CPs 14.3 as well ) looks great, accurate, fairly powerful @19-20Fpe and the price ….

Nothing even comes close …..
Welll maybe a NP03…. 😉

Reactions: nobody1 and LMNOP
Exactly.

Love the Notos I’ll take photos across 3 days and see

I’d exchange it if is this islolated .
I got a Notos about a week ago and it lost ALL pressure overnight. I returned it and just received the replacement. It didn't lose all pressure overnight but does seem to have lost some. I'll have to keep checking.

I received my new NOTOS yesterday. It arrived unpressurized. I used the new hand pump to pressurize the NOTOS to 3k psi. The hand pump was pretty warm to the touch after that. Went back several hours later and saw that pressure in the gun had dropped a couple hundred psi or so. Hard to register exactly how much because the size of the gauge and grads are pretty small. I re-pressurized the gun to 3k and left it overnight. Hand pump after re-pressurization was still ~ room temperature. Looked at the gun pressure gauge this morning and had no appreciable pressure loss. Scope and rings should be here this afternoon. My opinion is that during pressurization the temperature of the air is warm/hot. As the pressure vessel cools the pressure drops as expected.

Note: I'm not a Mechanical Engineer, but as a technician I did work on pressure systems for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station Space Radiator systems, so I do have a little experience dealing with high pressure and vacuum.

Reactions: Perle and LMNOP
I received my new NOTOS yesterday. It arrived unpressurized. I used the new hand pump to pressurize the NOTOS to 3k psi. The hand pump was pretty warm to the touch after that. Went back several hours later and saw that pressure in the gun had dropped a couple hundred psi or so. Hard to register exactly how much because the size of the gauge and grads are pretty small. I re-pressurized the gun to 3k and left it overnight. Hand pump after re-pressurization was still ~ room temperature. Looked at the gun pressure gauge this morning and had no appreciable pressure loss. Scope and rings should be here this afternoon. My opinion is that during pressurization the temperature of the air is warm/hot. As the pressure vessel cools the pressure drops as expected.

Note: I'm not a Mechanical Engineer, but as a technician I did work on pressure systems for the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station Space Radiator systems, so I do have a little experience dealing with high pressure and vacuum.
Thank you. Of course this makes sense

However let me reiterate I’m storing it after shooting it. No fill occurs before I put it on the shelf.

I have some technical experience as well and have always observed the “ heat up of air tube “ and “cool cool down process “ after a fill. Resulting in a lower than fill pressure. I’m talking after it’s been sitting in the same room with minor variances in temp

Reactions: Stan’s boy John
I was bored and curious so I am sharing this only as a data point. I fully agree with what Perle is saying so this is more for sharing data. This data is here to show my Notos “at rest” for others to compare with as a potential source of reference data. Mine was purchased from AirGun Depot.

Before fill:

76D88DA1-EFAF-43DA-8B84-FE2FA6B2DB60.jpeg

55D50151-D072-4404-9615-CC8625E7C3BF.png

After fill:

27FB34AE-0667-4B2F-BD8C-454AEE91CE39.jpeg

FC125C55-5A87-45E8-92EE-7C0387F7C47A.png

Elapsed time of 2 hours:

8D9DD244-A870-4AF5-88E3-06499D9AF7C7.jpeg

Reactions: Beer Nap
I couldn't decide between the Jet2 or the Notos, then I remembered that I'm irresponsible so I ordered both. Jet in .25 and Notos in .22. I'll have to check for pressure loss now that I see it is a concern.

I have a buddy who is losing pressure too but I’m thinking it could easily be ambient room /area temperature changes.

I’ve kept my room stable temp and no further fluctuations

Beer Nap. Awesome. I hesitated on the Jet , ordered it , then canceled the order and got the Notos

I think the Jet is a great looking unit and I’ve heard good accuracy reports. Never mind the regulator …. It’s the fact the Jet needs suppression that got me to switch

I look forward to your comparison . I will rsvp for that thread when you post it 👍🏻

I can see people having both easily. Can’t have to many carbines ime.

Reactions: LMNOP and Beer Nap
I have a buddy who is losing pressure too but I’m thinking it could easily be ambient room /area temperature changes.

I’ve kept my room stable temp and no further fluctuations

Beer Nap. Awesome. I hesitated on the Jet , ordered it , then canceled the order and got the Notos

I think the Jet is a great looking unit and I’ve heard good accuracy reports. Never mind the regulator …. It’s the fact the Jet needs suppression that got me to switch

I look forward to your comparison . I will rsvp for that thread when you post it 👍🏻

I can see people having both easily. Can’t have to many carbines ime.
The fact that the Notos comes with a modulator makes it a $100 dollar less expensive gun than the Jet if you add one. That was a winning factor in buying it after I already bought the Jet. In a world of 2 to 3 thousand dollar air guns, $300 or less seems like a good deal, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: LMNOP
The fact that the Notos comes with a modulator makes it a $100 dollar less expensive gun than the Jet. That was a winning factor in buying it after I already bought the Jet. In a world of 2 to 3 thousand dollar air guns, $300 or less seems like a good deal, lol.

The Notos…. Sans some minor concerns about pressure and a little “ airtank “. is a universal hit

Straight to the head of the line in my carbine stable …. not so much because it does it better but it kinda does because of the low low price of admission.

Imo. Best @$ 250 I’ve ever spent on an airgun purchase. What doesn’t it do …. ( besides distance ) ?

Reactions: LMNOP and Beer Nap
I’m guessing as others have suggested this falls into just physics. 200-300 psi from that tiny cylinder in 5-6 days isn’t much. However you never know. I have an FX streamline that loses 300 psi over 4-5 days. Thought maybe just temp related but that has a 255 cc cylinder. No leaks from fill port, where gauge screws into tube or the valve. Had me stumped. I finally just submerged the wika pressure gauge itself and slow bubbles were coming from the actual gauge. Not where it screws into the rifle but the actual gauge itself. Really weird. I have another gauge that came this week to change out. I guess you just never know. Remember to check everything when you start looking.