Notos customizing

EZPZ
20230603_152005.jpg

I have a few extra of these kits if anyone’s interested. You would need to remove the factory plastic moderator for it to work

15cc plenum
Front 1/2 unf thread end cap
Rear end cap
4mm bushing for more spring preload

NICE!

I love the engineering and look of the parts, very impressive!

Reactions: markhooper
A question was asked about barrel twist of the Notos in another thread, using a 6" long Cerrosafe casting I get a right hand twist at about 1 in 22" to the best of my calc. 91 deg. 24 min in the 6" lenth. I used a 4.0 mm carbon fiber rod to push out the slug. It was a kite kit but works great for clearing jams also as it won't mar the rifling. Last pic are various pellet sizer I made for my brother's guns.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

This is an update on my Notos 25 cal project, I'm still not able to break the 30 ft/lbs barrier with the modified OEM exhaust valve. I'm stock at just under 30, I've gone as long as 20" barrel and it's actual goes down a little. Today I order an smooth twist barrel liner for FX, will see if less friction help. Current specs- puppet supply 5.2mm, transfer port 4.7mm, reg pres 2.8K, barrel length 16". Balance valve design is complete, mat'ls on order. More to come.

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

Just want to share a simple mod on my PP750 that can be applied to Notos to maximize shot count. I did this as I use it for inside barn pest control and not damage the roof. It is 2.5 mm deep and 8.5 mm dia. It now allows me 7 full turns of adjustment vs 3.5 turns stock. With 7.9gr .177, I can turn down to 10 joules up to 17 joules.

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Good evening guys, I know we all like to test different spring tension in the quest for max velocity.When you start putting high hammer spring tension, you are inducing excessive wear on the action block. This side lever is poorly designed, if you take a look at the link angle right when the sear engages, it is near paralell with the lever. Even when it's at 45 deg angle, it means a 10 lbs. pull on the lever will only apply 5 lbs, pull on the probe, not withstanding frictional losses. A 15 lbs. spring will require twice the pulling force at 45 deg. and almost 5 times that at the last few mm of probe travel. I made a new longer link arm and move the pivot point to the screw that pulls the hammer. I had to put a curb on the link arm to clear the action block. It's a big improvement from stock but still need better geometry. I may have to put an extension to the back of the action and move the lever fulcrum back 8 -10 mm. If I get my balance valve finished for my .25 cal. then I can put milder springs and not do this extension on the action.