• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Notos customizing

With the modified hammer tension adjuster, you can further reduce the regulator output by turning the screw clockwise in little increment. I marked it 12:00 o'clock and move to 1:00 and reduced it from 1900 psi down to 1700. If you don't have a plenum with a gauge, you'll have to fabricate something similar to what is in the pic. This allows me to check output pressure outside the gun.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Has anybody put together all the customizing suggestions. There has been a ton and I was just too lazy to copy all of them. I am a little afraid of the Notos FaceBook group, they are a little "sticky" about cost, advertising, sales and etc.

Bill
I have one shipping my way now, can’t wait to take a crack at it. Everything I’ve read on them is positive, esp bang for buck.

Reactions: markhooper
Changed back to ATN sight and 3x magnifier on the .177 and shot for a while. Love this new set up and still getting 30+ shots at 18.6 f/lbs. Then shot the .25 in bottle set up, gets over 100 shots at close to 30 f/lbs. My 22 is all apart for new trigger housing and Timney trigger, no more pistol grip for a one off rifle project.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

I got my custom regulator yesterday from Indonesia for my Notos .22 make over. This is the most compact regulator I can find anywhere. Doing a completely new direction on this, took the first strike tank and regulator out and will be replace with titanium tubing. Worked late last night making new stainless steel 304 plenum (25+ cc) to replace regulator front cover. This on is straight on adapter as tank and plenum are both 32 mm diameter same as OEM. Finishing up on the new lower action block trigger housing group next.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

I love your work, man! I've seen your work with a double tank, and i have one question.

Since I have 16 inch fx liner installed, I have around 12 cm clearance for a part of a second cylinder. Is it possible to combine one full and a part of another the same cylinder? Just want to add a few more shots without making it too bulky.

I love your work, man! I've seen your work with a double tank, and i have one question.

Since I have 16 inch fx liner installed, I have around 12 cm clearance for a part of a second cylinder. Is it possible to combine one full and a part of another the same cylinder? Just want to add a few more shots without making it too bulky.
Yes it can be done. In that case if you cut a second tank for more cc, when you cut new threads same as OEM, use that end of the short tank for the regulator as it will have lower pressure 1900 vs 3600 psi. Also this will move the coupling back for better center of gravity and won't affect the rifle balance.

Not sure I understand. Why would it have lower pressure? You mean, only part of the new tank after the regulator, closer to plenum? I'm still looking where to source the other tank. Did you bought yours of was it spare one after convering to bottle?
Do you maybe have a drawing of the threaded connector for the tanks. Asking a lot, sorry :)

Not sure I understand. Why would it have lower pressure? You mean, only part of the new tank after the regulator, closer to plenum? I'm still looking where to source the other tank. Did you bought yours of was it spare one after convering to bottle?
Do you maybe have a drawing of the threaded connector for the tanks. Asking a lot, sorry :)
Yes I had spare tanks from conversions. Yes on the regulator side you have lower burst pressure on the new threads than on the high side. Linear force is the same since it's both same diameter. What if you just made a new longer end cap and eliminate the probe, move gauge to the side. You could make it 10 or 15 cm long and bore the inside for more volume?

Quick update to the Notos make over, plenum with built in clocking ring done. Pressure test regulator and plenum to 6K psi, zero expansion and 0.0007" elongation on first cycle, 0.0002" on 2nd and 3rd returning to zero at 5.3K. Test passed excellent. Now on to trigger assembly and start to start inletting the stock.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

Well managed to get it together and shot for a little bit before it got to hot. I'm also trying my old Burris AR-530 on this, but I think the magnifier was better for me.

View attachment 384059

View attachment 384060
Any chance you will make more of these gauge & fill end caps? That’s how umarex should have made it in the first place.

Reactions: cfs916
Hello guys! Today I took a break from the stock inletting on my Notos make over. Guys over at Notos owners group were asking for ideas to eliminate the fill probe. So I modified one of my spare front cap for this. I stripped it complete and tapped both side of the fill probe hole to M8 x 1 mm, same as the front gauge port. I then made a plug for one side using 8 mm aluminum rod tapped to 8mm x 1mm. I installed the end cap while it was clamped on a vise to torque it. After I cut with a hack saw and file the edges. On the were the gauge was, I counter bored it 8.5mm by 0.9mm depth for the foster O-ring. The foster is an 8mm quick connect with 8 mm x 1mm thread available from amazon. I then installed the original gauge on the side using Locktight 577 hydraulic sealant. Also I trimmed the original gauge shroud as it was hard to disconnect the fitting after charging.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg