Umarex Notos Barrel Threading

Im threading Notos barrels for 1/2-20 UNF moderators, mine turned out very well and I'm loving the gun without the stock too.

Funny thing is that the Buck Rail moderator is very quiet on the Notos and is 2oz lighter than the DonnyFl.

I'm offering this mod if you are interested, just message me for details.

20230801_193857.jpg

Notos DonnyFL.jpg

Notos Buck Rail.jpg

Im threading Notos barrels for 1/2-20 UNF moderators, mine turned out very well and I'm loving the gun without the stock too.

Funny thing is that the Buck Rail moderator is very quiet on the Notos and is 2oz lighter than the DonnyFl.

View attachment 377415

View attachment 377416

View attachment 377417
I'm trying to do similar but I want to end up with a 12" pistol since I can't buy the attaman ap16 compact. but my wants are more complicated since I have to keep the factory plain sights and I need a shorter air tube.. I was hoping to get one from pitbull airguns 4500psi but I didn't get a response from them.
Mark

I'm interested in seeing what you charge to thread the barrel, but I'm a new member and can't PM yet.

Anything is removeable... with the proper tools.

I cut the glass filled poly moderator housings off the barrel and thread them.

Interested?
How short can you go on the barrel cutdown. I want to make the complete gun as short as I can. I envision a barrel cut down to the length of the regulator dial. Let’s say I don’t care about shot count or shooting it past 25 meters. I have the no mod “mod” on it right now and it’s quite for sure. But if some inches come off and I put a really short moderator on it then build a foldable stock. It will be truly a quickly deployed carbine, and quite. I’m not taking barrel twist rate or pressure into account. It’s just a visual concept , but is it even possible? I’m no gunsmith or machinist. Maybe it’s just a dumb question.

Reactions: Firewalker
How short can you go on the barrel cutdown. I want to make the complete gun as short as I can. I envision a barrel cut down to the length of the regulator dial. Let’s say I don’t care about shot count or shooting it past 25 meters. I have the no mod “mod” on it right now and it’s quite for sure. But if some inches come off and I put a really short moderator on it then build a foldable stock. It will be truly a quickly deployed carbine, and quite. I’m not taking barrel twist rate or pressure into account. It’s just a visual concept , but is it even possible? I’m no gunsmith or machinist. Maybe it’s just a dumb question.

Yes, I can do that.

There are some limitations to keep in mind:
There is a regulator in there that occupies space and making a bypass tube will significantly reduce your air pressure.

The air tube is easy to shorten and re-tap. The barrel as well is easy to shorten and thread.

I'm just waiting for a clear weekend to chop my pistol and do the "shorty" mod.

Reactions: steirman
Yes, I can do that.

There are some limitations to keep in mind:
There is a regulator in there that occupies space and making a bypass tube will significantly reduce your air pressure.

The air tube is easy to shorten and re-tap. The barrel as well is easy to shorten and thread.

I'm just waiting for a clear weekend to chop my pistol and do the "shorty" mod.
i would like to see your finished product please. Sounds great.

Reactions: Firewalker