Umarex Notos as a Pistol... Just as good as a Huben

...well, except for the size, power level and of course semi auto. Yes, yes... clickbait, sorry.
But hey, the Notos is around $250 bucks so there's that.

I've been singing the praises of the Notos for a little while. I had one converted by Firewalker and I have to say I really like this little gun.

So when I saw another one hit the Classifieds, I figured I'd make a pistol out of it.
Hardest part was removing the factory mod. I chucked the barrel up in the lathe and started turning it down until I got the clips out and then broke away the rest of the molded plastic. After that, it was easy. Got the endcap off Ebay and cobbled together some G10 grips for it.

I'd love to shorten the whole thing up a little bit, but that's well beyond my skill level so I'll have to settle for it being a 'longish' pistol. Still not unweildy, I dont think.

Pictured here along side of my other Notos.

I just got in the endcap today so havent done any tuning on it. Current plan is to try to tune it down to around 650fps for more shots on a fill. Plenty enough for my intended purposes of this gun.

Notos.jpg

they make grips for it and even sights but the sights look cheap
but the blue laminate looks fine
you could cut the barrel back to the cylinder
if i owned PCP's i would have one in a heart beat
https://www.pyramydair.com/search-results-ext?keyword=umarex+notos

show the shroud area when you get it done i have some interest in still buying one to play with

...well, except for the size, power level and of course semi auto. Yes, yes... clickbait, sorry.

I've been singing the praises of the Notos for a little while. I had one converted by Firewalker and I have to say I really like this little gun.

So when I saw another one hit the Classifieds, I figured I'd make a pistol out of it.
Hardest part was removing the factory mod. I chucked the barrel up in the lathe and started turning it down until I got the clips out and then broke away the rest of the molded plastic. After that, it was easy. Got the endcap off Ebay and cobbled together some G10 grips for it.

I'd love to shorten the whole thing up a little bit, but that's well beyond my skill level so I'll have to settle for it being a 'longish' pistol. Still not unweildy, I dont think.

I just got in the endcap today so havent done any tuning on it. Current plan is to try to tune it down to around 650fps for more shots on a fill. Plenty enough for my intended purposes of this gun.

View attachment 423394
Rob they look sharp. Was you able to save the original mod & thread it back to fit?

View attachment 423394
Yeah i have both the gk-1 and notos and there is obviously an enormous power difference!That being said the notos is a lot of fun to shoot and super accurate.I love both of these platforms to be honest

So now that I finished the Notos Rocket 2, I decided to make it convertible to micro carbine. Working on the quick release detachable folding adapter for it. Next up is a shorty .25 cal pistol. I'm waiting on material to make a regulator that will be inside the bottle to keep length to a minimum. An external companion plenum will be utilized on both sides connecting it to the drop adapter.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

So now that I finished the Notos Rocket 2, I decided to make it convertible to micro carbine. Working on the quick release detachable folding adapter for it. Next up is a shorty .25 cal pistol. I'm waiting on material to make a regulator that will be inside the bottle to keep length to a minimum. An external companion plenum will be utilized on both sides connecting it to the drop adapter.

View attachment 424306

View attachment 424307
Cool little project there👍🏼

Reactions: SteveV and Genob
Great work Rob! (y) Kinda, sorta, almost, a little like you made it a PP750-

Yeah, I dont get points for creativity for sure....haha Not sure why I'm so enthused with air pistols. I'm not a particularly good shot with them. Had wanted to do a build off a QB or similar like ones you've done in the past and then missed out when you'd sold one so I consoled myself with getting a little Keystone laminate 22LR bench pistol. Looks cool, but the trigger is crap on it. Still, scratched the 'bench pistol' itch for a little while.

I think I mainly wanted a tinker project with this one. Been cold out here, but no excuse... I've still not even shot it.

Yeah, I dont get points for creativity for sure....haha Not sure why I'm so enthused with air pistols. I'm not a particularly good shot with them. Had wanted to do a build off a QB or similar like ones you've done in the past and then missed out when you'd sold one so I consoled myself with getting a little Keystone laminate 22LR bench pistol. Looks cool, but the trigger is crap on it. Still, scratched the 'bench pistol' itch for a little while.

I think I mainly wanted a tinker project with this one. Been cold out here, but no excuse... I've still not even shot it.

I came close to buying one of those Keystone laminate pistols. Figured it would have a rudimentary trigger, but I've smithed the world's simplest triggers to silhouette State Champion and National Record winning let-offs. Couldn't be simpler than a 50's vintage Crosman 160 and 180; those triggers and sears being a one-piece, L-shaped steel stamping.

TW 160 trophies.JPG

180 adj tirgger.jpg

Home-made sear-engagement adjuster on the world's simplest trigger/sear on a 1950's vintage Crosman 180 (converted to pistol), breaks like glass at 10 ounces.

180 HPA pistol.JPG

Last edited:
I came close to buying one of those Keystone laminate pistols. Figured it would have a rudimentary trigger, but I've smithed the world's simplest triggers to silhouette State Champion and National Record winning let-offs. Couldn't be simpler than a 50's vintage Crosman 160 and 180; those triggers and sears being a one-piece, L-shaped steel stamping.

View attachment 425414

View attachment 425415
Home-made sear-engagement adjuster on the world's simplest trigger/sear on a 1950's vintage Crosman 180 (converted to pistol), breaks like glass at 10 ounces.

View attachment 425417
I like that. Simple and effective.

Not sure why I'm so enthused with air pistols. I'm not a particularly good shot with them.
I'm with you on the pistols. I was a pretty lousy or mediocre shot with pistols for a long time. Really just comes down to hold. And trigger control/manipulation. Kind of have to feel each gun out as well. Well, for off-hand shooting. Bench should be a bit simpler. Learning to shoot my 1911 well, off hand helped a lot. Lot of the same concepts for PB pistols apply.
315834565_10160191884224034_7132844231505798109_n.jpg

Last edited:
I like that. Simple and effective.

I'm with you on the pistols. I was a pretty lousy or mediocre shot with pistols for a long time. Really just comes down to hold. And trigger control/manipulation. Kind of have to feel each gun out as well. Well, for off-hand shooting. Bench should be a bit simpler. Learning to shoot my 1911 well, off hand helped a lot. Lot of the same concepts for PB pistols apply.
View attachment 425992

Like many adages, I've contorted a pertinent one (to this discussion) to suit my own deranged purposes. "Practice makes perfect" is not true, as perfection is seldom achieved (in anything).

Practice makes PROFICIENT; and handgunning is an excellent example of my adage. And no better way to practice handgunning than airgunning.

Besides contorting aforementioned adage, I've also expounded on it to further suit my own deranged purposes. Here's the full monty-

Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes proficient. Proficiency instills confidence. Confidence brings success.

Titles.jpg

Great post, Handgun... I mean, Airgun... I mean, Long_Gun.

Happy handgunning, Bud!(y)