HW/Weihrauch Notex piston seals - any thoughts?

Has anyone tried the Notex piston seals (made in Germany)? Thinking of trying them out on an HW90 as I'm having trouble locating a replacement Vortek. Apparently they're CNC machined (not injection moulded) and
of course molly infused.

Screenshot_20240309_212841_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ordering across the pond, Vortek and Maccari seals fetch around 40+ USD a piece, with S&H + VAT + customs fees. Also, the delivery may take 3 - 5 weeks, unless there are hiccups and then it's more like 2 months. So, there's a real need for local seal sources in Europe. It is quite obvious Notex is taking up the slack, with a close-to-identical seal to the Vortek VAC on offer.

With any new manufacturer of seals, the burning question is the actual size of the product. In the Schneider link, there's zero info on that, but fractions of millimeters make or break the deal.

Sadly, Weihrauch compression chambers vary quite a bit in actual diameter, so a seal that's, say 30.1 or 30.2mm in OD might be perfect for your gun, or too loose, in which case you are out luck, with an expensive piece of useless rubber in your possession.

So, someone needs to take the plunge and report here!

Ordering across the pond, Vortek and Maccari seals fetch around 40+ USD a piece, with S&H + VAT + customs fees. Also, the delivery may take 3 - 5 weeks, unless there are hiccups and then it's more like 2 months. So, there's a real need for local seal sources in Europe. It is quite obvious Notex is taking up the slack, with a close-to-identical seal to the Vortek VAC on offer.

With any new manufacturer of seals, the burning question is the actual size of the product. In the Schneider link, there's zero info on that, but fractions of millimeters make or break the deal.

Sadly, Weihrauch compression chambers vary quite a bit in actual diameter, so a seal that's, say 30.1 or 30.2mm in OD might be perfect for your gun, or too loose, in which case you are out luck, with an expensive piece of useless rubber in your possession.

So, someone needs to take the plunge and report here!
Wow, thank you - that's very valuable info. I've been paying too much attention to PCPs and never really considered variations in chamber size etc to springer/gas piston HWs (which I am head over heels in love with). I'll definitely report my results, as I've ordered the Notex. And yes, let's get Europe up an running!

Quick update. The Notex is amazing. Only one tin of .22s so far, but the benefits over the stock seal are immediately obvious. The extreme spread is a couple of fps (I've only chronied about a dozen shots) and my piston pressure is now 16 Bar for 740 fps with JSB 16 grainers - it was previously a bit over 17 bar for 710 fps. But the real smile comes from the cocking effort, which has been reduced by what feels like half. Feels more or less like an ordinary magnum springer. Amazing. Shot cycle feels more or less the same as it was previously (is that weird)? Grouping is great (as before), but now with much more relaxed arms.

Parachute seals. 🤮 Unless fitted so loose they become brakes.
I don't know what styles they offer. Parachute are all you can get for some guns. Even from Vortek and others. I believe you know that.

How did cocking effort get reduced by changing just the piston seal 🧐 it has ZERO TO DO WITH THAT AS IT HAS REVERSE PRESSURE.
Did you change the spring ? if so a cupped seal is much more efficient than a parachute for equal spring power..
No changes to the piston other than cleaning. Going down to 16 bar from 17 bar for similar velocity (in fact slightly higher) has had a huge effect on cocking effort - which surprised me.

Reactions: A.G.R
I searched for notex seals and found nothing .Is there a company that carries these.
I found them via this website in Germany:

I'm in Europe and had no issues with delivery, but I did need Google to auto translate the website into English as I could not find a native English option.

Edit: I now see that the website does have an English feature, but like an idiot I didn't notice it when I ordered.

Reactions: fishing43
Custom Air Seals have proven to be all but useless in high-power springers, the material in them being just too soft (a major selling point, BTW). They do work splendidly in many low-to-mid-power guns, from what I hear.
Totally Agree .. they also use a reverse groove in their parachute seals , which are like brakes for the piston.. I’ve got identical guns with two different seals and the CAS SEAL is down 75 fps ,,I haven’t tried their cup faced Hw 80 seals
I use or make all cup seals for my guns.

Reactions: fishing43