• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not trustworthy

As for any restrictions by Zelle for payment for goods and services, I don't know, and I've only used for transfers to an individual. Anti-gun? I don't really care about a service provider's politics, if I get what I need.
You should care about a service providers politics, they care about yours and will shut you down, seize or lock your account if you violate their policies.

There you go

Screenshot_20230808_202642_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230808_202736_Chrome.jpg

So with Zelle if you are essentially just doing a money transfer, why not use PP F&F? Please explain the difference.

BTW - Zelle is fraught with fraud and scams. IMO there is no truly safe option.
PP is a third party. I use only Zelle that is offered by my bank, not the app. No fees are involved. I have used it only to pay someone I know, and whose phone number I know. Most of the Zelle scams of which I am aware, involve a communication from a source representing itself as your bank, or another third party purporting to have discovered fraudulent activity in your account. Scammers are everywhere, and nothing is foolproof. But caution and common sense will foil most of them.

Zelle policies state that it is not to be used for goods and services and they are also Anti-gun.
Zelle is designed to facilitate transfers of funds between individuals known to each other, not commercial enterprises. To say they are anti-gun may not be accurate. Firearms and weapons are included on one line item of many prohibited transactions. I believe that is more a policy of liability management than a political statement.

USPS money order is the best form of payment to use. Easy to detect if it's fraudulent, and can be cashed at the post office (if they enough in the drawer).

Also, it's a federal crime to counterfeit them and if it's used through the mail system, it's mail fraud, another federal crime.

I will also use a certified bank check. You can verify them easily by calling the issuing bank. When you get the check to send someone, the bank pulls the money directly out of your account. It can't bounce and it can't be cancelled once presented for payment.

Also, I sometimes take personal checks, but only from members with a lot of positive feedback and I wait two weeks to ship to make sure it's cleared (regardless of what the bank says).
Also in addition to your comment, you can go to USPS website and put in the money order serial number and see if the money order is legit. If it’s legit, I immediately ship the item I’m selling and communicate everything including ship tracking to the buyer.

Reactions: baranjhn
I recently sold a springer to an AGN member in Cali. He did something I had not heard of. On his PC from work he arranged his bank to send me a check via the bank, using US Mail. It took the bank a while for the bank to get it mailed but I received a bank check. The buyer sent me a screen shot of banks confirmation of the transaction.

I too have transitioned over to Zelle and use it whenever possible. For me it’s avoiding the PP F&F shenanigans and possibility I end up with that account locked. As has been mentioned, if you’re using it through your bank it’s simple to use and the money is right there without going through a third party. I’ve actually “converted” quite a few folks to Zelle the past year and the only hassle I’ve run into is a $ cap transferring money to a new contact, and I broke the payment up over two days to get it done. Other than that it’s my go to.

I've used Zelle. Not any apt but the bank web site I have to log into. Never a problem but never type in gun or.. into the note. Not because of fear they will react to it but just it's none of their business. You guys do know that the credit card companies are keeping track of any purchases involving guns right. I think discover is the only one that doesn't but not sure.

PayPal goods and services friends. I dont like the company or fees but its simply the safest for both parties
PayPal F&F discreet work the best - instant transfer, no disputes or reversals possible, no fees and no report to IRS. G&S - the buyer can try to scam you by filing a bogus dispute, 3% fees, and you'll get 1099-K at the end of the year if you received more than $600 funds and will have to explain in your return why it's not your income. Zelle is good option too, practically the same as PayPal F&F but between banks directly.

PayPal F&F discreet work the best - instant transfer, no disputes or reversals possible, no fees and no report to IRS. G&S - the buyer can try to scam you by filing a bogus dispute, 3% fees, and you'll get 1099-K at the end of the year if you received more than $600 funds and will have to explain in your return why it's not your income.
lol and ZERO protection for you such in the most recent case with this scumbag. So do explain to me how its the best?

lol and ZERO protection for you such in the most recent case with this scumbag. So do explain to me how its the best?
Ahhhh, right. Correction - F&F is the option for the seller. For the buyer it is not. But the same goes for Zelle. And with MO is the same story - zero protection for the buyer. You know, PayPal has a notion of verified accounts, this is when the person personal information was confirmed by PayPal. I think it's a good idea to check that you are sending money to a verified account. Also, sending MO to PO boxes is a really bad idea IMHO, you should know the address of the person you are paying to just in case.

PayPal F&F discreet work the best - instant transfer, no disputes or reversals possible, no fees and no report to IRS. G&S - the buyer can try to scam you by filing a bogus dispute, 3% fees, and you'll get 1099-K at the end of the year if you received more than $600 funds and will have to explain in your return why it's not your income. Zelle is good option too, practically the same as PayPal F&F but between banks directly.
Exactly this. I'm not looking for a reverse scam by using PP G&S. If it's not F&F then forget it. In regards to the $600 taxes, I agree there too. Why should I pay taxes on money I am getting for a product that I already paid sales tax to purchase with money I've already paid state and federal taxes to earn. Triple taxation doesn't sit well with me.

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black ? What goes around comes around? However, in the op’s feedback his negatives say scammer account banned so how the hell is he posting this thread??

Ok I guess the feedback doesn’t say account banned. That begs the question why not ??? Imagine the balls on this guy to come into AGN and bitch about someone being untrustworthy. Eh…Buckeyes fan what are you gonna do 🤷‍♂️
you do realize the OP posted this in 2022 and has responded only once in it. its been revived twice. If you look at the OP's profile it says the user is blocked.