Not to be invasive about your age but I'm I the oldest here?

What a DELIGHTFUL and THANKFUL bunch of people here at AGN!!

🔸This is the last thread I'm reading before going to bed — it'll give me a peaceful night thinking of the nice people that are still living on this planet and in this NATION* (we know that there are others....). 

*(I was talking about Air Gun Nation, of course, what did you think?!) 😄

🔸Just came back from the airport to pick up a laser range finder. Some kind people (missionary) traveling from the US to Peru brought it down for me.

In Peru you'd have to sell half of your kidney to buy one of those. I'm a happy camper! 😊👍🏼

Matthias

In April I turned 70. I'm just now taking up PCP air guns because its something that I can do around home. With a good sound suppressor I can plink at targets all day and not disturb my neighbors. It's not legal to discharge firearms here. For that I have to go to a range or drive a hundred miles.

One of my other hobbies is collecting slot machines for home entertainment. I have a house full of them. One of my latest additions is a machine I recently played at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. It was so much fun I decided to buy one just like it. The downside to this hobby is when I hit a jackpot all I have to show for it is a printed ticket with nobody to cash it.

87x.1634955062.jpg

When you are 68 and single.........
5 of the 9 motorcycles.
9 PCP air rifles and pistols(mostly FX) No family picture of those :(

125376925_10214165388969030_6613887887769345614_n.1634609356.jpg

I owned a Buel like the yellow one for a year or so … too high strung, traded for a 1200 sportster, but still too mcu heat on my legs in summer … got a few more bikes til I settled on my Kawi. W650, which is beautiful, handles great, and all around nice for our back roads. I have a two-whl drive Ural to haul grandkids in the sidecar too. 

48 but i have tuned a pistol for a shooter who is 91 and still going strong. He uses a sighting aid sticker on his shooting glasses which allows his eye to focus on the rear sight and i kid you not, uses a 10lb dumbell to help keep his wrist and grip strong enough…

Never give up i say.

Go the way of a rocking chair and die….or get out with the gun and live.

Just turned 70 last week. Got my first BB gun at 8, a Daisy Ricochet Rifle which I still have. I got my first real gun at 11, a Savage bolt action 3 shot 20ga. I competed in many different firearm sports since I was 14 but had to stop competing seriously about 10 years ago due to health and bad eyesight. My favorite was Black Powder Cartridge Rifle at long range steel targets. Totally amazing to me how accurate those guns are at up to 1000 yrds. without a scope.

I’m 47, about two years ago, my doc started trying to warm me up to the idea of an insulin pump. It happened this summer and I’ve got all kinds of little do-dads hooked up to me now. Doc says my issue is well controlled and I can live to be 100. Of course that doesn’t mean you’ll live to be 100, it just means something else will eventually kill you.

That said, I’ve been playing with pumpers my whole life. I finally got my first PCP 8 days ago and I’ve done more shooting in the last week than in the last 5 years.

I will say that it’s harder now than it used to be. Having your blood sugar get too low really plays hell with having a steady hand. Combine that with a pinched nerve in my neck causing pain and numbness in my right hand, it’s hard to be steady. I’ll be back at my chiropractor tomorrow for another adjustment.

My grandfather was well into his 80’s and was still a crack shot with a 22 until just a year or two before he died. My father is 73 and he still takes squirrels from his pecan trees with a Benjamin pumper on a regular basis. I guess we’ll all keep plugging away until we just can’t anymore.