• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not the pellets on the tin.

This is my first post after lurking a while. Was testing a few pellets including these GAMO Hunter country .22s

Got very low FPE readings when doing the math. Felt the pellet weight and thought "this feels heavy".Finally looked closely and realized the pellets in the tin were not the ones on the picture on the label. They were actually TS10s and much heavier which explained the strange readings.

So then I started peeling the label..lo and behold.. the actual pellets were revealed.
Not sure where this error happened, I guess at the factory. Bought these in Europe about a year ago I guess. But just a heads-up, it is possible! I suppose end of production run and mislabeled, but weird there's a sticker over a printed tin.

20230301_203625.jpg

20230301_203924.jpg

This is my first post after lurking a while. Was testing a few pellets including these GAMO Hunter country .22s

Got very low FPE readings when doing the math. Felt the pellet weight and thought "this feels heavy".Finally looked closely and realized the pellets in the tin were not the ones on the picture on the label. They were actually TS10s and much heavier which explained the strange readings.

So then I started peeling the label..lo and behold.. the actual pellets were revealed.
Not sure where this error happened, I guess at the factory. Bought these in Europe about a year ago I guess. But just a heads-up, it is possible! I suppose end of production run and mislabeled, but weird there's a sticker over a printed tin.

View attachment 349568

View attachment 349569
🤯👀I feel like trying to peel ALL of my tins stickers off now😵‍💫
I've never even thought about them slapping a sticker over a printed label😳

Reactions: CHPreps

View attachment 349568

View attachment 349569
I bought some gamo pellets once, some I could barely get in the breach and some would fall through until it reached the choke. I learned my lesson, nice pellets aren’t that much more.

Lol..ya, i threw some in a order from Gamo once .. just once..lol (hunters)

Now i also got some tedfites and they were eu pellets . Man they were nice . And compare to the ones i got from Walmart the walmart ones were " cheap"

The eu ones were all uniform , clean and had a nice lube . Definitely not the same redfires i buy here anywhere here thatd for sure . I think i got a thread at gta on that ..

Almost like the USA ones were the trash they could not sell to a eu shooter/ market..

Last edited:
I am not alone then! Crazy that this can happen really, but not the end of the world in the wider scheme of things.

Mostly sticking to the H&Ns now, despite shooting 2 Gamo airguns.
Nope, you aren't alone. I bought a tin of CPHPs at Walmart one time and got home and found that it was full of gravel and not pellets. Not sure how someone pulled that off because I couldn't tell the packaging had been tampered with.

Nope, you aren't alone. I bought a tin of CPHPs at Walmart one time and got home and found that it was full of gravel and not pellets. Not sure how someone pulled that off because I couldn't tell the packaging had been tampered with.
Lol.
Maybe disgruntled employee on a Saturday. The way my Walmarts keep them in lockdown anymore ot be hard to pull somthing off. You even got to pay for them on the spot now not get some and go continue shopping.

Boy, that’s a lot of effort to scam under $7…

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Lol.
Maybe disgruntled employee on a Saturday. The way my Walmarts keep them in lockdown anymore ot be hard to pull somthing off. You even got to pay for them on the spot now not get some and go continue shopping.
It was a small town store and not one of the new mega centers. The lady at the return desk said she remembered a guy returning some for a refund earlier that week.