Not the best of days…

That always suck, my condolences.
My friend that have a mix of Am staff and rottweiler + a all rottweiler, well he spent Monday at the vet, fortunately just for a ear infection, this time in both dogs.
It was a killer tough as my friend are on a very tight budget, and it dident get better yesterday as then his Mercedes broke its water, so now the question is is that in a expensive place or a very expensive place it happened.

Reactions: ram2jeep
For the past 7 year’s I have had the honor of the constant companionship of my American Staffordshire Terrier, Rocky! Rocky was 5 years old when he picked me to be his friend. I was going through a tough time in life and just coming to grips with my health and mental stability.
The Veterans Administration got me enrolled in a service dog program and after 7 months of training Rocky and I were a certified team, battle buddies for life!
I’ve lost friends in combat and today I feel the same I did back then, my Rocky was suffering and we decided to let him rest eternally. My airgun brother’s, this is a terrible feeling but I wanted to recognize my Rocky. He went to the range with me, went hunting with me and was the best friend in the world. To Rocky!!!!!!!
View attachment 283678
RIP my brother…
I'm very sorry for your loss.

My wife, twin daughters and I were with him. The vet came to our house and did everything here so there was less stress on Rocky.
I knew I had to post this here because even though we may bicker and curse, deep down we are the Airgun family and in a time of need we stand together. I value all of your statements and truly am thankful for you all.

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Rocky. I have had two best friends in my adult life I had to say good bye to. Last one was 6 years ago, swore I was done, couldn't go thru it again. Last year we brought home a new puppy. Just something about their unconditional love I missed. Time will help, the memories will be there forever. I wish you and your family all the best in this extremely difficult time.

For the past 7 year’s I have had the honor of the constant companionship of my American Staffordshire Terrier, Rocky! Rocky was 5 years old when he picked me to be his friend. I was going through a tough time in life and just coming to grips with my health and mental stability.
The Veterans Administration got me enrolled in a service dog program and after 7 months of training Rocky and I were a certified team, battle buddies for life!
I’ve lost friends in combat and today I feel the same I did back then, my Rocky was suffering and we decided to let him rest eternally. My airgun brother’s, this is a terrible feeling but I wanted to recognize my Rocky. He went to the range with me, went hunting with me and was the best friend in the world. To Rocky!!!!!!!

RIP my brother…
Oliver,

First of all, and as all of us have said; this is a very TOUGH loss. I am thinking about this more and more because my dog, Ellie is getting on in years also.

I got my first Golden Retriever in 1992 - Murphy! Kids were 2 and 4 years old. Best thing my sister ever did was to "surprise" me at Christmas with an 8 month old puppy. Always wanted a dog. Our two young kids and Murphy were a tight nit family. Hundreds of pictures and more memories than I / we can count. To them, as very young babies, Murphy was like a third child. Both kids have dogs now!

Had two more Golden's ( Reilly and Ellie ), and Ellie is 10 years old. I am 68 closing rapidly on 69 years old soon. They are the best friends in the world. Why - because they always love you, never argue, accept an occasional verbal discipline --- but, they always come back!! Dogs sense humans like another human can't do. We get it!

When I read your post, it affected me like all that have responded. Rocky will never be forgotten, never.

My only cure was to wait a bit after each passing, but then I got another pup and it did help alot. Not sure if you are even thinking this way, but regardless, I am truly sorry for his passing.

Tom