• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not sure what gun to choose

@skip-in-wv (anyone else too though) - are the fx's any good for FT though being longest shots a 'mere' 55 yards? Obviously anything of theirs .22 and up is well known to be exceedingly good - the things are designed for heavier caliber and they use their slow twist (or whatever it is barrels). I'm certainly no authority by any stretch on the topic but - except for the occassional youtube video coming out of Europe (likely a Brit with a sub 12 and pesting) - not much in the way of fx's, .177 and FT. (?)

Both have adjustable stocks. The HFT is a single load 12 fpe gun, the 510 XS Ultimate Sporter is a 10 shot magazine fed 20 fpe gun with an adjustable power dial.

If I were you, if I couldn't get an answer here, I would contact Air Arms and ask if one of the adjustable power settings on the 510 is 12 fpe, just in case you want to shoot HFT (12 fpe limit) with it some day.

Also, one of the guys I shoot with compared the accuracy his 510 yielded when loaded from the magazine vs. single loaded with a tray and found single loading yielded noticeably better accuracy. His gun may have been in .22 and, as they say, your mileage may vary. Just keep in mind, and maybe someone with similar experience can weigh in here, you may end up single loading your 510 for best accuracy.

I shoot a 19 fpe S400 Xtra FAC and I like the high velocity. And personally, I find no need for an adjustable comb even when using high rings.