• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not so blue Hw30

1573191582_13615113825dc4ff9ef3b666.18192871_A41CC5DA-18D5-4992-970A-DAD4B32F06BC.jpeg

My little rifle is a couple of months old now and has caused me some concerns. I’ve put through 6 tins of JSB 8.44, 4 tins of Hunter Extremes and nearly one tin of Barracuda’s. So nearly 5500 pellets. If we are home I plink with it every day and when I had the accuracy issues I would spend hours shooting it until I was happy or I found out what the problem was.

So this morning before it got hot I was shooting it again and I noticed the bluing on two spots of the barrel fading. Any ideas on how to stop this process (and don’t say stop shooting it). 

Gary

Wow that's allot of shooting in a short amount of time! You can probly clear coat that part of the barrel with something and continue to do so at regular intervals to stop the process. There are bluing pens, like sharpies, available for touch up of the bluing if needed. If it bothers you too much you can install a muzzle brake to cover it. Then you can just coat the muzzle brake now and then as needed. There will likely be a scar from the setscrew from the muzzle brake if you ever remove it though. Another method would be to heat shrink the end of the barrel to protect it. Lots of ways to do things.

Thanks mate, all safe so far. We are expecting a rain event over the next 3 days. Not a drought buster mind you but enough to fill the tanks, water the grass and reduce temperatures. Probably won’t get any water in our dams but whatever it brings will be great. It will give the air conditioners a brake also.

The rain won’t reach our farmers and people living in the far west so it looks like they will have a very hot and dry Christmas. Our thoughts and wishes go out to them.

Gary