• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Not Regularly-Scheduled AAFTA Style Match Results

Having selflessly violated my New Years resolution (to simplify my life as much as possible) in order to give my shooters additional opportunities for Cajun Classic practice, I rearranged the (usually) engraved-in-stone TEXtreme monthly schedule by plugging an extra AAFTA-style weekend into the usual Bench-Rest Silhouette weekend date. Hopefully both rifle and pistol shooters benefitted from my resolution violation.

Rest assured any rumors I might have mentioned to my squad-mate in Fridays pistol match any nefarious intentions to (quote), “Give those Brocock guys a dose of humble pie”, or “Open a can of Sixties Crosman whoop-ass on those Brocock boys” is completely, utterly… TRUE!:eek: Thankfully Ol Faithful was ON; and so was I. Also thankfully, I made no such bold predictions about Saturdays rifle match!

Though only four shooters contested the sixty-shot pistol match, in my imagination it might as well have been sixty shooters! My 54/60 carried the day for Match Winner braggin’ rights; but of course I’m beyond braggin’. So I won’t mention cleaning 8 of the 10 lanes, being down only one point after eight lanes… or getting caught in the trap of my own making in Lane Nine’s new pop-up hunting blind with an abysmal 1/6! Ever heard the term “shoulda/woulda/coulda”? How about, “Wish I could get that lane back”?

Ol Faithful is a 1960s-vintage Crosman 187 Co2 rifle-to-regulated-HPA-tank pistol conversion of my own making, topped with a Japanese-made 4-12X Bushnell Trophy scope. She shoots 8.4 grain JSBs about 770 FPS.

187 with 12X.JPG

Jim Clarke’s excellent 49/60 nabbed second place with his 4-16x50 Hawke Optics equipped .22 Brocock Atomic XR, shooting 14.43 grain pellets at 605 FPS. Great shooting, Jim.

Ten shooters contested Saturdays rifle match, some shooting a second score-card with pistols (on the rifle course). And as if shooting a pistol on a rifle course isn’t (Troyer) difficulty enough, extremely gusty winds to 40+ MPH created quite the improbable pistolero challenge. Derrick Wall took little notice.

Derrick’s 49/60 rifle score was good for the Match Winner hat pin and engraved TEXtreme Match Winner pellet tins. His .177 BSA GOLD Star wore a Sightron SIII scope, and shoots 13.43 grain JSBs 815 FPS. Fittingly enough, Derrick captured the set of three engraved TEXtreme Match Winner GOLD pellet tins, and black & GOLD Match Winner hat pin. Phenomenal shooting in those gale-force winds, DW!

Gold tins.jpg

Billy Davison wasn’t far behind in Second Place with a fine 47/60 score. Billy’s FX Crown was shooting 13.4 grain pellets 819 FPS, and was scoped with an Athlon Heras 6-25x50 scope. He nabbed a set of three Second Place TEXtreme pellet tins (of his own engraving). Excellent shooting, Billy.

David Turner’s 46/60 would have claimed the Third Place TEXtreme pellet tins; however I either failed to award them, or he left before I could. Regardless, I’ll put your name on them and award them belatedly, David. DT also shot 13.43 JSBs (at 800 FPS) in his Daystate Red Wolf, equipped with a Sightron SIII scope. Good shooting, David.

Armed with three good excuses to make the trip, PelletGage Jerry Cupples made the drive from North Carolina. Jerry not only shot Saturdays rifle match, but picked up his refurbished Sheridan Silver Streak by and from Jeff Cloud, and also accepted my invite to view the eclipse on the eclipse centerline at Ranchito Robinson. Jerry also donated two PelletGages for door prizes at Saturdays shooters meeting. Many thanks Jerry. We sure enjoyed having you join the fun, Buddy.

Many thanks also to Airguns Of Arizona for their primary sponsorship of TEXtreme Airgun Sports.

Per previous announcements of changes to TEXtreme’s 2024 first-quarter match(es) schedule, our May matches are changed to Extreme Rifle and Pistol Field Target, to allow shooters extra EFT competition to prepare for our June Extreme Field Target Grand Prix weekend. Taking place Friday, May 31 through Sunday, June 2, shooters will compete not only for the richest TEXtreme prize list of 2024, but also points in the 2024 Extreme Field Target Grand Prix national competition. More details will be forthcoming in a separate match announcement.

Happy Shooting Y’all,
Ron & Maggyy

Group.jpg

Left to right- PelletGage Jerry Cupples, Scot(squatch) Cotton, Billy Davison, Deadeye Derrick Wall, Carlos Garza and David Turner

Last edited: