• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not really enjoying my new .25 cal. airforce escape ss.....

One thing not mentioned, at what distance are you sighted in? Due to unusually high scope position, an airforce will shoot very low up close (30-50 feet), my TalonSS sighted in @ 50yards, shoots 10 inches low @ 30 feet. If you are shooting from the base of a tree or 1-2 trees away and at high branches, you may be well under the target. Recheck your sight in @ 50 feet, this is where a mildot comes in very handy.

I have an AF Talon ss and what i have found and may be your problem as well is. #1 not holding the weapon level when hunting ( you do when bench shooting) # 2. You are holding the gun too tight when hunting and causing the frame to flex. I have bought a level that I mounted on the rail below the scope and I use it. As far as frame flex remember you are not shooting a high power powder burner so relax your hold. Hope this helps

"johnp"It's not really the guns fault its mine.
This is my 1st pcp all I've ever shot before this is magnum springers. The only way i can seem to get a good group is if im sitting at a bench, which is pretty inconvenient for hunting.
Any tips?
I've read the entire thread. Nowhere do you quantify your group size. What do the groups look like? How big, how far off target? In one of your posts you say all shots are off to the right, that is a good thing. The first thing you need is your gun to shoot to the same place every time, right. Off to the right is not a problem unless the group is too big.

Again, what do the groups look like? Can you post a picture? What pellets have you tried? What power settings are you using. You might be pushing your pellets too fast... etc... etc... yada... yada...

"oldspook"
"45super"my TalonSS sighted in @ 50yards, shoots 10 inches low @ 30 feet.

???

That doesnt even make sense. You cant shoot lower than the scope height over bore in that situation.

Im with oldspook you need to include allot more info. At this point we dont know what is even happening other than it hits to the side.

I think he's just bringing magnum Springer shooting habits to a pcp. Condor ss trigger is kinda spongy as opposed to stiff magnum Springer triggers (pulling his shots). And the weight of the Condor is almost all towards the rear of the rifle ( accounting for serious front end swaying ).
Can also pull the baffles out to check for clipping. Clean the barrel...you know, eliminating all the variables.

When I first started shooting Vulcan 25 (that I have had for almost a year now) it was all over the place 2 inch groups at 50 yards and off hand forget it. I just kept on shooting and one day like mentioned above it came together for me. 3/8 groups of bipod at 50 yards and could nail a 3 inch gong at 100 every time. Awesome right but it isn't over . Then one day everything went wacky again I even talked to Neil and was about to send it to him and replace the barrel for a smooth twist but I am a procrastinator and a good thing to because I ended up finding Air Arms pellets and everything went back to awesome again. I am guessing the 2nd order of 4 tins of JSB's were bad for the Vulcan because my maruader 25 shot them perfectly that was a few months ago. I just replaced my Hawke hd 4-12x50 scope for a SWFA SS 10x42 scope and I am shooing little clumps of snow off my fence posts at around 80 yards and very close to 1/4 inch groups at 65 yards. So if there isn't any obvious sign of wear; clipping or anything bent then just practice shooting. Moving from a rifle to a bullpup or carbine is a big difference for some people. Not everybody is a sniper out of the gate. Just saying ;-)

This is an old post, but I would go for a longer barrel (18 to 24 inch). You are working with a 12 inch barrel which is less accurate. Longer barrel will give you more power as well without increasing your weight much. My Escape 24" (.25cal) is only 5.5 lbs. Very light for the power, but also loud.

Agree that shooting sticks would help out in the field. Also google Rifle Shooting Positions. But given that your having trouble on a bench, I'd say buy a replacement barrel.

if you're still under warranty, contact Airforce Arguns in the event that your barrel is defective.

Finally, be sure your barrel is clean. I should've said that first.