Not pretty-but functional, Trash can Sheridan gets new sights

This old Sheridan came to me like this-
DSCF5067.JPG

it was in very rough shape and obviously had been abused. It wouldn't hold air but would fire if pumped up and shot quickly. I first tested to see if it would group-surprisingly it shot well. I found a used stock and forearm, resealed and improvised a front sight from a Daisy Avanti and installed a Williams peep rear sight. it shot OK, but was kind of klunky.
DSCF5786.JPG

The plastic clamp holding the front sight eventually broke. When I found time (a couple years later) I folded up a new front sight from sheet brass, JB welded it on (took 2 tries) and installed the 5D-SH Williams rear sight designed for the Sheridan C series guns. Mine was a later model that came drilled and tapped and the install was a breeze! It shoots like a dream now, even though it's a bit on the er functional side. I couldn't shape the front blade too much as it's folded and I didn't want to weaken it with too much filing.
20221230_104711_2.jpg

20221230_104741_2.jpg

I don't know if I'll paint it or not, same with refinishing the stock-It's fun to shoot and accurate, I'm done for now!

View attachment 321398
it was in very rough shape and obviously had been abused. It wouldn't hold air but would fire if pumped up and shot quickly. I first tested to see if it would group-surprisingly it shot well. I found a used stock and forearm, resealed and improvised a front sight from a Daisy Avanti and installed a Williams peep rear sight. it shot OK, but was kind of klunky.
View attachment 321403
The plastic clamp holding the front sight eventually broke. When I found time (a couple years later) I folded up a new front sight from sheet brass, JB welded it on (took 2 tries) and installed the 5D-SH Williams rear sight designed for the Sheridan C series guns. Mine was a later model that came drilled and tapped and the install was a breeze! It shoots like a dream now, even though it's a bit on the er functional side. I couldn't shape the front blade too much as it's folded and I didn't want to weaken it with too much filing.
View attachment 321404
View attachment 321405
I don't know if I'll paint it or not, same with refinishing the stock-It's fun to shoot and accurate, I'm done for now!
Awesome!!🤗 did you keep the old pieces? 🤔I'd like a slinger looking like that🤣🤷‍♂️I'm an oddball though🙃

View attachment 321398
View attachment 321403
View attachment 321404
View attachment 321405
I'm into one tha I was told it would be more than a parts gun.
View attachment 321398
View attachment 321403
View attachment 321404
View attachment 321405
I'm into one now that I was told would never be more than a parts gun. Someone cut the nose off of it as well as the stock.

Screenshot_20230314_120825_Gallery.jpg

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Im kinda lost?did you cut the nose off the cooper looking one and put it on the SS? maybe a side shot?
No I'm going to attemt adding the copper repair part that I fabricated to the original brass tube.
Then cover that repair with a copper sleeve.
See my drawing.
There is an attached photo of it the day I got it. I'm enjoying the project.
Heres a video of phase 1 of the project.

20230220_094354.jpg

20230220_100341.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1