• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Not pistolas…

thanks Dallas for the pictures.. I have a hard time not drooling over some of the guns..
I have read about the pp700&750 but not the 800.. does it have a magazine?
thanks again for the pictures.. hopefully I'll be sending you a few soon 😊
mark
Theres a lot of very nice/finely tuned guns in this thread. I still envy the ap16s and gk1s, though I doubt I will get either anytime in the forseeable future. The tequila guns are very cool as well. If I didn't have my 1322 pcp, I would probably get a tequila gun. But one reason for the 1322 is that I was able to use the same trigger that the 1701 and marauder pistols use. 👌 Probably THE the reason AirNGasman speaks highly of those two. Aside from the LW barrel in the 1701s.

The most recent 800s all have mags. My .25 did not at the time. Honestly prefer it that way. Gun only gets 2 shots/fill anyhow. And I like single loading. A good few of the new 800s also come with regulators. My opinion is that the airtube is very small, and the 800 is poorly suited for a regulator. The 700 on the other hand, has one from the factory, and has more air capacity to boot. I've always been intrigued by the hammer setup, and the block breech as well. Seems there would be a distinct advantage with that type of hammer. The 800 shot cycle is rather jarring as it uses a rifle hammer. At least to my knowledge it does, and it definitely feels like it. I've had them out, and lightened one in my .177 bandit (a re-named pp800).

Last edited:
Reactions: markhooper
Theres a lot of very nice/finely tuned guns in this thread. I still envy the ap16s and gk1s, though I doubt I will get either anytime in the forseeable future. The tequila guns are very cool as well. If I didn't have my 1322 pcp, I would probably get a tequila gun. But one reason for the 1322 is that I was able to use the same trigger that the 1701 and marauder pistols use. 👌 Probably THE the reason AirNGasman speaks highly of those two. Aside from the LW barrel in the 1701s.

The most recent 800s all have mags. My .25 did not at the time. Honestly prefer it that way. Gun only gets 2 shots/fill anyhow. And I like single loading. A good few of the new 800s also come with regulators. My opinion is that the airtube is very small, and the 800 is poorly suited for a regulator. The 750 on the other hand, has one from the factory, and has more air capacity to boot. I've always been intrigued by the hammer setup, and the block breech as well. Seems there would be a distinct advantage with that type of hammer. The 800 shot cycle is rather jarring as it uses a rifle hammer. At least to my knowledge it does, and it definitely feels like it. I've had them out, and lightened one in my .177 bandit (a re-named pp800).
I remember now, I had forgotten that the pp800 is the same as the bandit..
oh also I haven't seen the pp700 for sale in awhile, I wonder if it is discontinued.. the air tube on it is 1.8cm shorter than the pp750/ notos.. a little bit shorter but not a lot..
although it's tempting to get a pp700 air tube and hope it screws on in place of the notos tube..
I agree with you on the tequila gun, attaman and huben. I'm more likely to see one in person than be able to buy one..
as you know, it's why I am working on the notos.. I'm not really into tuning much, just wanted something affordable and as compact as possible..
yes Wes sells the pp800 now with the regulator and also the chaser grips.. but I wonder as small as the air tube is how much space it takes out of the tube.
Mark

The tube is 50cc. I reckon the reg takes up nearly half of the tube. It'll still have air in it, but lower pressure. They're hard to tune without one as well. But they are very powerful for a few shots unregulated. And accurate. The wood grips are made for massive hands for some reason, and the composite ones are made for tiny hands 🤷‍♂️ mine are very average size which is why the wood one on mine is molded or cut down the way it is. My .177 bandit has a huma reg in it with the plenum deleted. So it hardly takes up any space. Hogged out valve body serves as the plenum. Gets 50 shots @ 650fps with 8gr pellets. It was shooting well over 800fps when I got it, but power dropped off rapidly and steadily the lower the pressure got.

I see 700's for sale here sometimes. I edited the prior post. I was talking about the 700, not 750. Although most of what I said is true for the 750 as well.

Compact air pistol power and accuracy🥰-

1705875809215.png

Crosman 150 Co2 pistol discontinued over a half-century ago, sold brand-new for about $20, costs about $100-150 today, propellant source about 50 cents, accurate as any air pistol at any price.😳

AP16 red dot 25.jpg

Ataman AP 16 (Compact), became unavailable in the U.S. within the last year or two, sold brand new for $1100-1200, propellant source $100-5000, accurate as a Crosman 150. 😂

Compact air pistol power and accuracy🥰-

View attachment 427506
Crosman 150 Co2 pistol discontinued over a half-century ago, sold brand-new for about $20, costs about $100-150 today, propellant source about 50 cents, accurate as any air pistol at any price.😳

View attachment 427503
Ataman AP 16 (Compact), became unavailable in the U.S. within the last year or two, sold brand new for $1100-1200, propellant source $100-5000, accurate as a Crosman 150. 😂
you don't happen to have a extra attaman ap16 compact laying around collecting dust do you.. in 22 caliber.. I was also intrigued by the way the ap16 you could have a spare air tube and take them off and on while charged as I understood.. the nice thing is that they have a magazine and it's not spring loaded like most are included the notos..
I'm kinda bummed that I didn't feel good today and so I was done in by the time I had a chance to put the barrel of the notos in the lathe and get it done.. hopefully maybe tomorrow..
mark

... I haven't seen the pp700 for sale in awhile,...
Mark
The Artemis PP700S-A is available from Krale. In stock now, in .177 or .22 - Shipping might be $30-$50 so consider that in the cost.

To answer ALL the questions, confusions and criticisms FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME ON THIS FORUM,

While I had the most to do with Pistol FT rules as we now know them, I agree with you about what constitutes a pistol. Unfortunately I was only one of a Pistol Rules Committee of FIVE; so the rules we have are compromises between my (and your) wants versus those that lobbied for rifles with a pistol grip (and grip attachments amounting to a shoulder stock). Point is, it could be worse; and would have been had I not fought tooth and nail for some semblance of PISTOL in pistol FT rules.

Here are a couple more palatable examples of air pistols that would conform to what I lobbied for-
Corcorran P Rod.jpg

AP16 TFT.jpg
I would hardly consider these two examples of something I would put in a holster. You would need a whole cow for enough leather to make one. Seriously, any air powered pistol to produce enough energy to make PFT workable would have to be rather large. AAFTA rules allows a 15 inch barrel, so that in itself is what is sparking the criticism here. The new RAW FT pistol is another that's nothing more than a cut down rifle, but it meets the rules. I thought 12 fpe was the power limit. If so, then smaller pistols could be designed to meet the requirements. Soooo, if you guys don't like the rules, change them, but you'll get a lot of pissed off guys that have bought equipment that won't work anymore. Hey, how about changing the rules to require only off-hand (one hand), no sticks, iron sights?? That's more like pistol shooting.

"how about changing the rules to require only off-hand (one hand), no sticks, iron sights?? That's more like pistol shooting."

That's been around for decades, J; it's called ten-meter competition. And although it's an(other) excellent example how competitors rush to the boundaries of the rules to gain every possible advantage, in my opinion those pistols are only slightly closer to what you and I consider pistols.

Despite having been around over a half-century, ten-meter competitions and competitors are not only rarer than hens' teeth, but don't have nearly the fun we FT shooters have.

There will soon be three pistol FT competitions- 12 foot-pound AAFTA, 20 FP Extreme, and 40 FP Magnum.

Fact is, an FT competition or class more in line with my and your opinion of what a pistol is didn't survive, and wouldn't now.

you don't happen to have a extra attaman ap16 compact laying around collecting dust do you.. in 22 caliber.. I was also intrigued by the way the ap16 you could have a spare air tube and take them off and on while charged as I understood.. the nice thing is that they have a magazine and it's not spring loaded like most are included the notos..
I'm kinda bummed that I didn't feel good today and so I was done in by the time I had a chance to put the barrel of the notos in the lathe and get it done.. hopefully maybe tomorrow..
mark

AP16 set.jpg

Although I don't have an extra AP16 Compact pistol laying around collecting dust, I do have an AP16 Compact barrel, shroud and chamber-tube laying around in a case, for when I want to play with my AP that way. Yes, you can remove and install charged chamber-tubes, then all it takes to complete the conversion is loosening two barrel set-screws to swap the barrels. Very quick and easy transitions.

View attachment 429147

Although I don't have an extra AP16 Compact pistol laying around collecting dust, I do have an AP16 Compact barrel, shroud and chamber-tube laying around in a case, for when I want to play with my AP that way. Yes, you can remove and install charged chamber-tubes, then all it takes to complete the conversion is loosening two barrel set-screws to swap the barrels. Very quick and easy transitions.

oh.. that sounds great.. now to kick myself again for not buying one when they were still available..
thank you for the pictures.. even if I can't have one, I enjoy seeing them.
Mark

Reactions: AirNGasman