Not only can I shoot lead...

But I am pretty good with a camera phone as well...

20231021_092255.jpg
20231021_085444.jpg
20231021_084229.jpg
20231015_072620.jpg
20231012_170342.jpg
20231008_075137.jpg
20231008_074820.jpg

Very nice. The rule of thirds is what most people are lacking when they want a well composed picture of something. I had to teach my wife. When photography became part of my job I unfortunately stopped doing it as a hobby.
Another feeling I have is a photo doesn’t have to be “perfect” to be good.

Better to look those terms up,it is easy to understand,and you may already do it,all law of thirds is to not center your picture and the composition is more or less the background,= so you look beyond the picture you are taking to see what else will be it and by not centering it you create a different focus for the eyes,oh heck, you see why it is better to look those terms up,o_O
:unsure:

Better to look those terms up,it is easy to understand,and you may already do it,all law of thirds is to not center your picture and the composition is more or less the background,= so you look beyond the picture you are taking to see what else will be it and by not centering it you create a different focus for the eyes,oh heck, you see why it is better to look those terms up,o_O
:unsure:
I get it now, that made sense and as I do exactly that I just never knew what it was called/termed! Thank you.

When you guys mention composition @Ranchibi and @BBGunn , what do you mean by that?

Also @Florida_Man what is the rule of thirds?

Lastly, thank you guys very much.
You place your subject on one of the lines, not centered like a portrait. It's really good for a subject and a scene, or action shots. The one you took of your pup and the rifle is good example also.

When people ask for advice on how to take better photos I tell them
1) Get on the level of your subject
2) Try some rule of thirds.
3) Avoid hard shadows.

thirds.jpg

9B37E4E0-FF19-47D7-ABE7-221A09FD976F.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0124.png
    IMG_0124.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
You do take wonderful photos with your phone, plus you have an eye for good compositions too! I recently upgraded from an iphone 7 plus to a iphone 14 pro max...boy, the new cameras on these phones are incredible!
I upgraded from 11 to 14 Pro Max, incredible cameras indeed!