• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not looking for recommendations, yet.

When I realized my airgun was defective, Umarex said they'd replace it. After that conversation, they blocked my number. Everytime I called, the call was terminated before it rang.
Using a different phone, I called again and the order has not been processed/shipped after they received it Monday. And they said that I probably won't get it for another 2 weeks.
I'm not confident in getting it at all since they blocked my number. The Sparrows are becoming more bold since I'm not outside much.
Is it okay to whine on this forum? I really miss the airgun and shooting sparrows. I may have to suck it up and purchase another one. If so, that's when I'm gonna need recommendations from you all.
Thanks for letting me whine!

Last edited:
I used to use a Daisy model 25 BB rifle,I think it would work better, plus it does not break down. You do have to get fairly close, but that part I enjoyed.
I would always take a good Springer over a CO2, better reach and accuracy.
The thing with whines,there is so many to choose from:p

I called again and the order has not been processed/shipped after they received it Monday. And they said that I probably won't get it for another 2 weeks.
It's pretty standard for most Manufacturers to take Holiday the last few weeks of the year. I wouldn't expect much from any company until they return to a regular business schedule.

Dealer & Manufacturer Feedback belongs in the Industry Feeedback forum. Please edit this post to make it a "Looking for recommendations" thread, then leave Industry Feedback in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

I don't know, I called Umarex to get a replacement fill probe once. Took whomever a while to see if I could get one. For being patient they said they'd mail it out for free. I thought awesome service!

Well, it's been eight or nine months now, no fill probe, Lol. But did find my Original 😅

Aside from that, I wouldn't have high expectations until about February. Got to get past the holidays and possible end of year or beginning of year inventory checks...

Blocking your number seems quite extreme. It is hard to imagine any legitimate company taking such action against a customer. I am not arguing it didn't happen, but it does make one ponder what has happened or other extenuating circumstances? Could this be a technical issue with the telephone service? Some sort of misunderstanding? Was this intentional? If so, at what level of the organization? I can't imagine as a whole, that a larger organization would approve of such a policy of conduct.
Was this done maliciously or maybe even perhaps defensively to avoid a continuance of disruption or harassment? ( I am doubtful of that because they indeed agreed to assist you with providing parts, if they felt harassed I don't think they would be helpful at all? But I just throw that out there for food for thought.) It does seem strange for any legit entity doing business to act in such a manner as to restrict customer access in such a way as to essentially ghost a person.
Good luck! Hope your issue gets resolved and hopefully it's just a misunderstanding....

I dunno, for whatever reason I have never had a general strong confidence in Umarex products, despite my inexperience with their higher tier products. Their image in my mind for some reason just seems less. Like a more consumer type chain store brand than serious specialty enthusiasts type of products. I suppose it's more of a gimmicky BB gun image I have in my mind. Of their BB gun products, I have owned a couple of unique products but they were disposable and not supported in the least.... For instance the Steel Storm BB gun. A magazine follower and spring has left mine inoperable and junk with no replacement part available. Broken toy basically within a short period of time. Something so simple as to render it useless.

Umarex is clueless how to help the AIRGUN community, if i need apart i go to the UK to get service is great
now a replacement rifle or pistol is a different problem indeed, but a solution is easy stop buying there products
you need a seal they send it in we can't sell it to you really, so instead of helping me you'll waste my time and money it is what it is and i'm sure some have had great service

Blocking your number seems quite extreme. It is hard to imagine any legitimate company taking such action against a customer. I am not arguing it didn't happen, but it does make one ponder what has happened or other extenuating circumstances? Could this be a technical issue with the telephone service? Some sort of misunderstanding? Was this intentional? If so, at what level of the organization? I can't imagine as a whole, that a larger organization would approve of such a policy of conduct.
Was this done maliciously or maybe even perhaps defensively to avoid a continuance of disruption or harassment? ( I am doubtful of that because they indeed agreed to assist you with providing parts, if they felt harassed I don't think they would be helpful at all? But I just throw that out there for food for thought.) It does seem strange for any legit entity doing business to act in such a manner as to restrict customer access in such a way as to essentially ghost a person.
Good luck! Hope your issue gets resolved and hopefully it's just a misunderstanding....

I dunno, for whatever reason I have never had a general strong confidence in Umarex products, despite my inexperience with their higher tier products. Their image in my mind for some reason just seems less. Like a more consumer type chain store brand than serious specialty enthusiasts type of products. I suppose it's more of a gimmicky BB gun image I have in my mind. Of their BB gun products, I have owned a couple of unique products but they were disposable and not supported in the least.... For instance the Steel Storm BB gun. A magazine follower and spring has left mine inoperable and junk with no replacement part available. Broken toy basically within a short period of time. Something so simple as to render it useless.
My impression was the call volume with their customer service is high and they control it by blocking numbers. I could be wrong but that's how I perceived it. I'm not expecting them to honor the guarantee and I let them know it!
I received a response from them and they denied blocking my number but could not explain the terminated calls before ringing. After talking with them about blocking my number, I dialed their number one more time and guess what? The call was not terminated. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one not impressed with Umarex.

This is not a response that we like to make, but since there are some significant issues brought up by the original poster, we will address those issues as have been alleged.
The consumer's initial contact occurred on or about Dec 11th.
Our Business Hours are as follows: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time Zone
Our Telephone number is: (479) 646-4210

Our email response to the initial contact is as follows:

"Please write on your form: “XXXX authorized the replacement of this gun with the Ruger Mark IV, SKU: 2244245”
Here is the gun If you would like to take a look at it. It’s basically a newer improved version of the buckmark.
https://www.umarexusa.com/2244245"

The consumer sent in the item, as instructed, with the note on the return form. This note was needed because the customer was not able to provide their receipt for the purchase as required by our return policy* and the item they had purchased was not available for replacement.
*https://www.umarexusa.com/shipping-returns

Yesterday, Dec 20th, the following communication was emailed to the Service Department:
"The buck mark urx pistol.
>
> You are the person I spoke to originally and thank you for emailing
> the return form.
>
> When a call is terminated before it rings, the number is blocked. I
> used the landline after failed attempts of using the cell and the call
> went through.
> After sending the angry email, now I can successfully call your number
> using the cell.
>
> I was expecting a more professional response, like an apology for the
> trouble. Instead, this whole experience of terminated calls was
> condoned by you when you denied my phone being blocked. Very unprofessional!
>
> If customer service is short handed, maybe the company and consumers
> would benefit from Umarex investing in an automated system that allows
> consumers to track their orders/returns instead of blocking numbers to
> ease the call volume. Win win situation.
>
> After purchasing a defective airgun and customer service not readily
> available, you can count on no future purchases from me. I was
> interested in the safety glasses and a better airgun down the road but not anymore.
>
> If I receive the replacement, thank you. But I don't expect it and
> I will chalk this up as a lesson learned."

The Service Tech Responded:
"Hi XXXXX,
> Nobody has blocked your number. I don't know why you can't
> call us, but i can assure you that nobody here has the ability to
> block your number.
> If we received your product on monday, then it takes a day or two for
> us to receive it here in the service department.
> If you want to tell me what model of gun it is, then i will make sure
> it's taken care of properly.
> These things take time, we apologize for any inconvenience this may
> have caused, but it isn't instantaneous."

Since the follow up email was not sent directly to the Tech, but to the Consumer Service Department- his response is vague in its specificity to the customer and the product sent in. However, it is accurate in, 1. We have not in the past, nor in this case, ever found it necessary to block a customer's phone number from contacting our facility. 2. Once an item is delivered to our building, it is first sorted by the warehouse personnel, then is taken back to the service department. The deliveries arrive here in the afternoon and, once those items destined for the service department are dropped off with them, those items are opened, classified, and put into their respective areas for evaluation in the last hours of the word day.
Depending on volume, an item can be processed completely as quick as 48 hours from it's arrival in our facility. If there is a weekend, holiday, or heavy volume of work in the Service Department, this can extend the processing time.
During the holiday season, the service department workload is elevated, typically in the weeks preceding Christmas and, certainly, the weeks post-Christmas.
In summary:
1. We do not block phone consumer's phone numbers. Calls are answered during business hours. Notwithstanding communications issues beyond our control, you will get a human when calling during business hours.
2. The customer's claim was accepted at face value on the phone as they were not able to provide documentation of purchase in the initial contact and a promise of service was made to the consumer. (This is noted as it is over and above what our stated policy authorizes)
3. The return shipment, presumably, was promptly sent out from the customer to our facility. Normal shipping times from certain parts of the country are 4 to 5 business days.
4. Since we do not accept deliveries on Saturday or Sunday, items sent to our local distribution hubs on the weekend are held for delivery to our facility until Monday (assuming no holiday).
5. The item was received into the building this week (Dec 18th-21st) and forwarded to the service department for processing.
6. Once turned over to the service department the product was evaluated.
7. (In this case) An order will be sent to the warehouse for fulfillment. Once filled, it will be shipped to the consumer.
From the time the original product was sent to us until the time the consumer receives the replacement product will work out to be about 11 business days. This is well within reason as there are two weekends and two shipping service holiday days in this span. While we do not deny that communications outages can and do occur, we vehemently deny taking steps keep any customer from contacting us by phone.

When I realized my airgun was defective, Umarex said they'd replace it. After that conversation, they blocked my number. Everytime I called, the call was terminated before it rang.
Using a different phone, I called again and the order has not been processed/shipped after they received it Monday. And they said that I probably won't get it for another 2 weeks.
I'm not confident in getting it at all since they blocked my number. The Sparrows are becoming more bold since I'm not outside much.
Is it okay to whine on this forum? I really miss the airgun and shooting sparrows. I may have to suck it up and purchase another one. If so, that's when I'm gonna need recommendations from you all.
Thanks for letting me whine!
Sorry, but this doesn’t pass the sniff test. I mean, it’s possible, but really, what kind of ****** do you need to be in order to get blocked? Why would a rep risk damaging the company they work for by going through the trouble to block someone when this appears to be a simple matter?
Occam’s Razor says the simplest solution is usually the best answer. Maybe you dialed the wrong number? Maybe the phone (theirs or yours) just messed up?
Sounds like you just want to flame the company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, but this doesn’t pass the sniff test. I mean, it’s possible, but really, what kind of a$$whole do you need to be in order to get blocked? Why would a rep risk damaging the company they work for by going through the trouble to block someone when this appears to be a simple matter?
Occam’s Razor says the simplest solution is usually the best answer. Maybe you dialed the wrong number? Maybe the phone (theirs or yours) just messed up?
Sounds like you just want to flame the company.
If you do a quick Google search, on their customer service, you would clearly see they have issues. It seems several customers, as you put it, are flaming the company.

Reactions: DOOMRIDER
I will just say that when my Avenger leaked after I first received it I paid to return it to Air Venturi and waited 5 weeks for it to be returned. But it was returned and it has been leak free since. I fully understand impatience and frustration when a new purchase doesn't perform as expected but I think patience is also necessary.

When I was patient with UTG I got not response, however. Wouldn't respond at all. I know it doesn't always work but I still think it's the right approach. I pinged them every few weeks but it didn't get me anywhere.

If you do a quick Google search, on their customer service, you would clearly see they have issues. It seems several customers, as you put it, are flaming the company.
Call it a blessing or a curse, but I’ve spent about 2/3 of my adult life in direct customer contact. There’s nothing more true than the aphorism, “Believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” From Umarex’s response it would appear that this just might be one of those instances.
They waived their normal policy IN ADVANCE of the gun being sent in. Then the customer starts calling while the gun is on the way wondering what exactly? That they didn’t magically receive the replacement overnight?
Like I said before this doesn’t pass the smell test. Maybe if this all started in November, it’s plausible. But it didn’t- it was a little over a week ago.

So when she gets her replacement is the OP going to eat any crow?
BS flame.

Call it a blessing or a curse, but I’ve spent about 2/3 of my adult life in direct customer contact. There’s nothing more true than the aphorism, “Believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” From Umarex’s response it would appear that this just might be one of those instances.
They waived their normal policy IN ADVANCE of the gun being sent in. Then the customer starts calling while the gun is on the way wondering what exactly? That they didn’t magically receive the replacement overnight?
Like I said before this doesn’t pass the smell test. Maybe if this all started in November, it’s plausible. But it didn’t- it was a little over a week ago.

So when she gets her replacement is the OP going to eat any crow?
BS flame.
I fully understand, what you are saying pertaining to this circumstance. I'm speaking of their service as a whole, I've never had to deal with their customer service. I seems to be a mix of some satisfied, and some who don't want to deal with them. I also understand this happens with just about any business, but the good ones will go beyond, what it takes to make the customer satisfied. I'm thinking of purchasing a Notos, hopefully all goes well.

This is not a response that we like to make, but since there are some significant issues brought up by the original poster, we will address those issues as have been alleged.
The consumer's initial contact occurred on or about Dec 11th.
Our Business Hours are as follows: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time Zone
Our Telephone number is: (479) 646-4210

Our email response to the initial contact is as follows:

"Please write on your form: “XXXX authorized the replacement of this gun with the Ruger Mark IV, SKU: 2244245”
Here is the gun If you would like to take a look at it. It’s basically a newer improved version of the buckmark.
https://www.umarexusa.com/2244245"

The consumer sent in the item, as instructed, with the note on the return form. This note was needed because the customer was not able to provide their receipt for the purchase as required by our return policy* and the item they had purchased was not available for replacement.
*https://www.umarexusa.com/shipping-returns

Yesterday, Dec 20th, the following communication was emailed to the Service Department:
"The buck mark urx pistol.
>
> You are the person I spoke to originally and thank you for emailing
> the return form.
>
> When a call is terminated before it rings, the number is blocked. I
> used the landline after failed attempts of using the cell and the call
> went through.
> After sending the angry email, now I can successfully call your number
> using the cell.
>
> I was expecting a more professional response, like an apology for the
> trouble. Instead, this whole experience of terminated calls was
> condoned by you when you denied my phone being blocked. Very unprofessional!
>
> If customer service is short handed, maybe the company and consumers
> would benefit from Umarex investing in an automated system that allows
> consumers to track their orders/returns instead of blocking numbers to
> ease the call volume. Win win situation.
>
> After purchasing a defective airgun and customer service not readily
> available, you can count on no future purchases from me. I was
> interested in the safety glasses and a better airgun down the road but not anymore.
>
> If I receive the replacement, thank you. But I don't expect it and
> I will chalk this up as a lesson learned."

The Service Tech Responded:
"Hi XXXXX,
> Nobody has blocked your number. I don't know why you can't
> call us, but i can assure you that nobody here has the ability to
> block your number.
> If we received your product on monday, then it takes a day or two for
> us to receive it here in the service department.
> If you want to tell me what model of gun it is, then i will make sure
> it's taken care of properly.
> These things take time, we apologize for any inconvenience this may

> have caused, but it isn't instantaneous."

Since the follow up email was not sent directly to the Tech, but to the Consumer Service Department- his response is vague in its specificity to the customer and the product sent in. However, it is accurate in, 1. We have not in the past, nor in this case, ever found it necessary to block a customer's phone number from contacting our facility. 2. Once an item is delivered to our building, it is first sorted by the warehouse personnel, then is taken back to the service department. The deliveries arrive here in the afternoon and, once those items destined for the service department are dropped off with them, those items are opened, classified, and put into their respective areas for evaluation in the last hours of the word day.
Depending on volume, an item can be processed completely as quick as 48 hours from it's arrival in our facility. If there is a weekend, holiday, or heavy volume of work in the Service Department, this can extend the processing time.
During the holiday season, the service department workload is elevated, typically in the weeks preceding Christmas and, certainly, the weeks post-Christmas.
In summary:
1. We do not block phone consumer's phone numbers. Calls are answered during business hours. Notwithstanding communications issues beyond our control, you will get a human when calling during business hours.
2. The customer's claim was accepted at face value on the phone as they were not able to provide documentation of purchase in the initial contact and a promise of service was made to the consumer. (This is noted as it is over and above what our stated policy authorizes)
3. The return shipment, presumably, was promptly sent out from the customer to our facility. Normal shipping times from certain parts of the country are 4 to 5 business days.
4. Since we do not accept deliveries on Saturday or Sunday, items sent to our local distribution hubs on the weekend are held for delivery to our facility until Monday (assuming no holiday).
5. The item was received into the building this week (Dec 18th-21st) and forwarded to the service department for processing.
6. Once turned over to the service department the product was evaluated.
7. (In this case) An order will be sent to the warehouse for fulfillment. Once filled, it will be shipped to the consumer.
From the time the original product was sent to us until the time the consumer receives the replacement product will work out to be about 11 business days. This is well within reason as there are two weekends and two shipping service holiday days in this span. While we do not deny that communications outages can and do occur, we vehemently deny taking steps keep any customer from contacting us by phone.
Wow! Oh wow!
That's pretty much unprecedented for a manufacturer or business to actually come online and have to state their case or tell the story from their side. I give them much credit to respond so specifically and to explain it from their side. That's pretty damn personalized service. I fully appreciate their side of the story. Customer Service is a difficult job for sure!
If only they could go above and beyond to source the parts I need to fix my disposable 100 dollar bbgun that's out of warranty. I understand that this product is considered a unsupported product,,,, but I simply just need a magazine spring and a plastic guide follower for my Steel Storm to become functional again!
I am not looking for handout , but just opportunity to buy some spare parts, even if they are used!
I would be forever grateful for that!
Pretty please?
😉
Thanks!