• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Not happy with Airgun Technology or distributor

First off this isn't the end of the world. I realize this is just a air rifle and a hobby not my work vehicle I depend on or something worse like one of my family members are in the hospital. That being said this rifle is not a cheap one. I'm not very happy with Airgun Technology as they are not responding to emails I've sent to them regarding a problem with my new Vulcan 2 .25 cal clipping pellets through three different moderators. A Huggett, Sumo, and AGT are the moderators I'm using. The problem seems to be the part that threads onto the barrel that the shroud then threads onto as well as the moderator. I'd know the part name if the AGT manual actually pictured and labeled the part but it doesn't. The rifle has not been hit, dropped, scratched either. My dealer, not mentioning any names at this point, sais it was shooting accurately when it left them. Did they use a moderator for the test firing? Distirbutor actually suggested I could take a dremel tool and remove the part of the moderator where the clipping is occurring. Really??? Not to long after I got the rifle the cocking lever shot of the gun as the screws were not tight so that wasn't checked at the factory or dealer. I bought a high end air rifle for their precision. I fully expected my distributor to ask a few more questions then after realizing what the problem was with the rifle say, " I'll send that part right out to you to try." The distributor could then have AGT replace the part they took of a in stock gun to help the customer. So I'm rather disappointed with AGT and one of their distributors. In closing I'll say I hope the owner of AGT or one of his family members is not having health problems hence the reason for lack luster customer care. I hardly think the SHOT show should be an excuse either. 

As of now I've not heard from AGT. I reached out to one of their people I'd corresponded with back when I bought the rifle in August checking to see if he knew anything. He had not and had not seen the 2 emails from me through there contact page. So I basically had to write the whole situation down again in an email to him. That was 4 days ago and nothing. This kind of service will obviously not help them sell rifles. 

So here's where things are at this am with the Vulcan 2 problem. My first and second emails to them through their contact button on their website were in their spam folder. I then retyped the description of my problem again including pictures and sent the email Konstantin who I'd talked with before. He sent me an email today that said the following: 

"""Dear Mr Peters. Our technical support team reccomend you to buy a new moderator from us. If you have any questions just let me know.""" 

This is absolutely crazy. The rifle has not been hit, bumped, damaged, scratched, period!!!! I buy high end rifles for their precision and quality. There's a 24 warranty for "correct functioning and individual parts material defects" specified in the manual. 

Also, so everyone knows what a AGT dealer who I didn't buy from, is doing . Joe Brancato has reached out to AGT on my behalf this morning. Thank you Joe. Konstantin is traveling so Evgeny is being contacted. 

I will be sure to post here how this all shook out as I think it's just a breakdown in communication or something . Would love to upload a photo so everyone understands what part I'm talking about. Get errors here " Incorrect HTTP code received: 404" and file to large over AGW

1548888545_19193629785c5229e1e65b36.70079360_20190122_142751.jpg

1548888613_6944016715c522a25d94ba2.47467766_20190122_150148.jpg

1548888586_21454802715c522a0ab0c0a7.40449737_20190122_150212.jpg

So sorry to hear this Perry, I've had nothing but good luck dealing with AGT. My 1st Vulcan in .22 I had a problem with it and the dealer didn't want to do a damn thing about it. I contact Evgeny, explained my problem, and his response to me was, If you can't correct the problem let me know, I'll send you a new Vulcan. And he mentioned he'd have a talk to the Distributor.

Zonk

Perry, 

I bought a Vulcan gen 4 back in December and had the same problem. Mine is in 25 and is super accurate without a moderator but shoots all over the place with one attached. I tried three different types and on all the pellets clipped the exit of the moderator. The AGT was the least affected so I drilled out the tip with a drill bit that was slightly bigger. This solved the problem on the AGT moderator. It is pellet on pellet at 45 yards (The size of my range). Its quiet enough for my yard so I don't need anything better.

I did have the same issues with Airgun Technology like you. I sent two emails and had no responses. Good luck, with your gun. I love mine but the moderator was a bit disappointing.

Thanks Zonk. That kind of service you wrote about is what I'd read about and one of the reasons I purchased the Vulcan 2. Again, these are just air rifles but the service from the dealer and then from AGT was not good as described above. I thought they were just busy with the SHOT show resulting in no response after using their contact button twice on their home page. Decided to email Konstantin who I'd communicated with in the past and he said emails through the home page had been going into the spam folder. Really?? Because that entire descriptive email was lost I rewrote it and sent it to him. A couple days later I'm told their "technical department recommends I buy a new moderator". What? The owners manual doesn't even picture the part that threads onto the barrel then the shroud which I'm assuming they are calling a moderator, and that I think is the cause of the problem. I went off at that point. I was looking from them for some items for me to check. Nothing, just buy the part. I then learned Konstantin was traveling like that was some reason for lacking service. Anyway, I get ticked just writing this. I totally understand we(people) are not perfect and get busy, distracted, stressed out, make mistakes, etc. Making these rifles takes so much more then the average person understands. I have a business also and I get sick of people thinking it was just given to me or it's so easy to make a product or perform correctly a service. I say, " Many mean well but few do well." AGT is truly in the camp of "do well' but are just having a hick up or something. They make awesome guns. I am not walking in their shoes, I remind myself, but this was not the norm for AGT service I'd heard about. I then carefully chucked up the part in a high quality lathe, supporting the exit end with the lathe tailstock, to check for runout which I shared with them. I'm then told they will replace the moderator if I send mine to them. OK. I guess I would have liked the dealer to be told to send me the part to try. He could have pulled one off one of his rifles. $5 bucks to ship. I'd give it a try and see if same problem or not. If the same result I'd send back the part that dealer sent and try something else. Whatever. These are precision CNC made rifles not prison made slave labor AK47's so there really shouldn't be much of any inconsistency in much of anything I feel. 

Today I had a conversation with Charlie Frear about the Kalibrgun Capybara. I've thoroughly enjoyed the 3 conversations I've had with him and would have bought my Vulcan 2 from him had he any. He is a dealer of AGT rifles as well as Kalilbrgun but AGT doesn't have him listed as a dealer on their website. I learned the following and I don't think he'd be unhappy with me sharing what he shared that when he dealer preps rifles before shipment he sometimes finds that clipping is happening with the stock shroud/factory internal moderator. This is without an additional moderator such as the Donnyfl's he sells. By switching a couple things around he usually solves the problem but once in awhile he has to try something else. He can share more with anyone interested in his services. So I learned that well made air rifles he sells have similar problems to mine. Scott Blair of Airgun Tunes has had to slightly open up some moderators as well. He's extremely talented mechanically and I trust his advice. So perhaps I'm expecting to much but regardless I feel strongly that customer service at AGT should have been handled better and maybe having some parts swapping from the distributor would have been helpful in maintaining AGT customer satisfaction. 

Currently I'm waiting on the "moderator" that Konstantin had sent out from AGT. Once it arrives I'll install it and see what I get then share the results here. 

Hi Zonk,

I did call Donny after the new Sumo was installed regarding accuracy. He directed me to the clipping subject. I looked closely in the Sumo and sure enough it was clipping at the end and 1 opening back from muzzle end. Then I took apart the Hugget and sure enough there as well which led me to scrutinize the AGT moderator. I noted the above to him in an email but never did hear any more. He did not offer any exchange like he did with you. Perhaps it was because I was having the problem with 3 different moderators. It is what it is and these rifles are not as perfectly machined as I'd hoped. Can't get to wound up about these things as life is short. Thanks for your suggestions. 

Final report on this. AGT shipped and the package arrived 3rd week of February but the wrong part was sent. Apparently a miscommunication on AGT end as they had descriptions and pictures of the part. AGT is calling it the "shroud moderator." Not pictured on their diagram but regardless the pictures and description I sent spoke for themselves. Konstantin was very apologetic and shipped the correct item which arrived 3-5-19. Installed shroud moderator and Sumo moderator then shot a couple shots. No clipping was observed. Previous clipping had been blackened. Finished out the mag and still no clipping. Installed the Huggett and also no clipping was observed. Accuracy very good. 

well zonk sounds like you might have a few extra moderators for sale now , could help you recover some of that cash lost in this mix up . I'm very thankful for the posts you guys put up, your frustrations are well documented and that's good for the forum these manufacturers charging top dollar should have top of the line customer service from the post it seems Edgun, Steyr, and Weihrauch are probably the best thanks to you all, the list is getting narrower. I'm the market for my first PCP and when I start looking at prices I start assuming that fx , daystate, agt, steyr, and Edgun had to be the way to go for quality, customer service, and performance but since I've joined this forum it seems that most of these high dollar manufacturers only have the edge in one of those categories now I'm thinking I might just start with a Kral