not happy ,,,junk

"BeachGunner"This guy has taken his page down for some reason, but there was an air gunner in Norther Arizona who was shooting some pretty high end stuff, and he did a good many hunting videos. I wish I could remember his name and site, but it's gone so I guess it doesn't matter. 
Anyway, he did this video and article where he shot a group of pristine pellets and then he shot the same number of pellets with bent skirts. I think it was .25 cal. He did an accuracy setup, and his conclusion (as demonstrated by the groups) was that slightly bent skirts, like the ones we all get in a tin due to movement in shipping, do not effect accuracy. His explanation was that lead is soft enough that it balloons out at high pressure in the barrel and this eliminates the deformity in the skirt.
As I say, I just saw this and found it interesting, so I have no experience with this, but I think it would be interesting for someone to maybe replicate his experiment. Have you tried anything like this Pat? Would be very informative. 
ATB, 
Michael
Mr Gaylord I think we need some assistance

OK boys, here ya go. Easy experiment. 30 yards. 18 grain JSBs. Cricket Mini .22. Three shot groups. 3 weighted sorted pellets, 3 of the same, but....I bit them. 

3492b6ebd5361b4bb0094460d2d48755.jpg

b38553e005dee15b1d935b71b6f6a19c.jpg

1d429face3d65e3facb3a971a98d27ea.jpg

1st group undamaged, 2nd bent. 

Now, I don’t know about you, but I bit them purposely, hard, most don’t come that bent. To me, as I don’t compete, that, that is a dead squirrel at 30. Further, we may have a problem. But, one of y’all will have to do that as I don’t have 50 or 100 yards. But I would just select them bent out of the can, that would give you real world results. 

I intentionally shot pellets (Air Arms Diabolo Fields .177 8.4 grains) with bent skirts at 55 yards with my LGU spring piston rifle and was still able to knock down a field target with 1-1/2" kill zone. I concluded bent skirts did not make any difference. If the skirts were complete mangled (and cannot be reshaped by firing them), then yes it does affect accuracy. If you were shooting benchrest, then I guess then it would be unacceptable to have any deformed skirts.