Not bad at all

Daystate Air Wolf MCT, stock board, low power, mag fed unsorted from the tin Air Arms 18gn. 10 shots @ 30 yards. prone position, front and rear support. group beside it was first 10 shots after cleaning the barrel and I'd wager the fliers in that group were from the bent skirts I noticed but shot anyway
1665783008567.png

Yeah, I keep saying my first premium PCP will be a Daystate. Just given me more persuasion on that path, great shooting BTW (y)
I have a Huntsman Regal with huma reg and it is a tack driver as well. While I still don't know if I could justify some to their new launch prices, I will say that I am a fanboy of their wood clad rifles. I would say watch out for used, both here and AoA. Its where I've gotten both of mine.

…and some say airguns aren’t accurate!

That group says a lot of good things about the rifle, the ammunition,, and the shooter!
For $3600+ it DAMNED sure SHOULD be accurate! LOL!

Wait a minute... you mean it can't do .25 groups at 30 yards? Well, well then...

I'll never own one. (chuckle)

Nothing to do with the approaching $4000 price... no... that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with it... (Riiight...)

It is all about precision! (silly grin)

Last edited:
For $3600+ it DAMNED sure SHOULD be accurate! LOL!

Wait a minute... you mean it can't do .25 groups at 30 yards? Well, well then...

I'll never own one. (chuckle)

Nothing to do with the approaching $4000 price... no... that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with it... (Riiight...)

It is all about precision! (silly grin)
While I appreciate a good ribbing, some of the newer folks might not understand how nice that group is. This next bit is for them ;) Most people use center to center (CTC) for group size which would be the total size of the group, or hole in this case, minus the diameter of the projectile. So 0.29-0.22 = 0.07" which is a CTC of just over 1/16 of an inch which at 30 yards would be less than 1/4 moa. I literally had to measure the entire group because there was no discernible 2 centers to measure between.

While I appreciate a good ribbing, some of the newer folks might not understand how nice that group is. This next bit is for them ;) Most people use center to center (CTC) for group size which would be the total size of the group, or hole in this case, minus the diameter of the projectile. So 0.29-0.22 = 0.07" which is a CTC of just over 1/16 of an inch which at 30 yards would be less than 1/4 moa. I literally had to measure the entire group because there was no discernible 2 centers to measure between.
Thanks for the explanation of how you calculate it. Still, as I facetiously indicated above, when an airgun is approaching $4000, it is WAY out of my range... no matter how I might try to rationalize or justify it. I am just not THAT rich! And, at least from my point of view, if you CAN afford an airgun approaching that price, then you are rich by my definition or carrying more debt than I am willing to. (smile)

Still, the Delta Wolf and similar offerings from Daystate are something I have drooled over ever since they came out! (smile)

Thanks for the explanation of how you calculate it. Still, as I facetiously indicated above, when an airgun is approaching $4000, it is WAY out of my range... no matter how I might try to rationalize or justify it. I am just not THAT rich! And, at least from my point of view, if you CAN afford an airgun approaching that price, then you are rich by my definition or carrying more debt than I am willing to. (smile)

Still, the Delta Wolf and similar offerings from Daystate are something I have drooled over ever since they came out! (smile)
No problem. And about the prices of new Daystates, I absolutely agree, which is why I said watch for used ones. I got both my Huma regged Huntsman Regal and the Air Wolf for $800 each. It took a little luck and a lot of looking but it's very doable specially if you don't have to have the newest shiniest thing out there. There are a couple Red Wolf's and a Revere listed on AoA used section last I checked. It's usually about the time that something new comes out that the last gen stuff goes up for sale. I am far from having the kind of money it takes to buy a new Daystate. I was unemployed until just very recently and had to sell off my Uragan I bought on credit at the beginning of the year, and I only just paid it off this week.

Reactions: BackStop
No problem. And about the prices of new Daystates, I absolutely agree, which is why I said watch for used ones. I got both my Huma regged Huntsman Regal and the Air Wolf for $800 each. It took a little luck and a lot of looking but it's very doable specially if you don't have to have the newest shiniest thing out there. There are a couple Red Wolf's and a Revere listed on AoA used section last I checked. It's usually about the time that something new comes out that the last gen stuff goes up for sale. I am far from having the kind of money it takes to buy a new Daystate. I was unemployed until just very recently and had to sell off my Uragan I bought on credit at the beginning of the year, and I only just paid it off this week.
Guess I'll have to start looking at AoA for used deals. (smile)

To be honest, I don't trust MOST of the offerings on this or any other airgun forum in their WTS ads.