Not a toy... safe handling always.

AB30CCC8-075E-49A5-A6E7-0389A813FE3A.1621695911.jpeg

If ya Want firearm type regulation,this is how it comes to pass. Throw a full auto .25 PCP into the mix then simply sit back and watch as the freedom we have all enjoyed So Much go away.

It may just be me...but I personally see No real use for a full auto pellet rifle. Hunting? Lmao! No thanks.

Ah well.

Shoot straight and stay safe.

Mike

Prayers for the family. Sadly, this might have been avoided with safety training. Hell even my 10 yr old son keeps his finger off the trigger and muzzle down with a Nerf gun! Granted we don’t know all the details, but one can easily infer that safety protocols were either not taught or not followed. Again, prayers for the family. 

@MScott I think the point you make is very valid. IMO full auto is a novelty that has great potential to usher in regulations, but that could be another forum topic altogether. 

Very sad news, but could have easily been a .22lr or any type weapon, slingshot, arrow, etc.

I remember a story of a young boy who died from a BB weeks later after being shot. The BB finally traveled through an artery and lodged in a bad spot. Never point a weapon at anyone, ever. Too bad some of these youngsters don't get this type of thing drilled into them before being handed these types of tools. All said not really knowing the full story.

I started shooting a .410 at eight years of age while my Dad plowed the field. I was shooting black birds for him/me. There were explicit instructions on where not to point and how not to load before ready to shoot that old single-shot, otherwise my privileges would have been removed. That was enough to pay close attention to the instructions while being monitored from the tractor seat. I was also limited on shotshells, so had to make each one count as well. That way he could keep count, I'm sure now is why.

Saw that too, incredibly tragic! Can’t imagine what the family is going through. Sadly not the first time I’ve seen this in the news. It is obvious safety isn’t taught nor followed by the parents also. 

I never leave a round chambered even uncocked and even at only 4fpe, also store the guns without the mag in the gun. It only takes 1 accident to change lives forever, safety has nothing to do with second amendment but negligence is a sure way to lose it! 

Then as other have already pointed out the pursuit of high power and then full auto Airguns will absolutely kill our hobby/sport. 30 cal slugs in full auto absolutely should be considered as firearm and strictly regulated IMHO, it’s absolutely lethal to human. Again, it take just one THAT GUY to F it up for everyone, it’s not matter of IF, it’s only matter of WHEN! And THEN we can only hope we get slapped with sub 12 laws as supposed to out right ban of pellet guns period, given how the ultra left politicians are we will get the out right ban as supposed to a more sensible sub12 law. 

Agreed, that "safety has nothing to do with second amendment but negligence is a sure way to lose it!" Sucks to see the 13yr old kid having to live with knowing he permanently impacted his younger brothers life. Def a tragic event for the family. 

Absolutely sucks to lean on events like this as a reminder to ourselves of precautions/safeties needed. Doesn't matter if its a dog/pencil/guns of whatever format... 'safety first' as I preach to my kids (obviously to myself also as I say it out loud) almost everyday, in almost everything we do. Its a lifestyle, just like firearms/ archery/ motorcycling/ etc is a lifestyle (in our household).

As for what holds in the near future around AGs/ PB's legislatively, I agree its a matter of time for sure though lets not forget it all starts in the house and that we need to keep infecting our kids and people around us the required safety instincts... obviously so we don't have to face the matter of losing anything.

Saw that too, incredibly tragic! Can’t imagine what the family is going through. Sadly not the first time I’ve seen this in the news. It is obvious safety isn’t taught nor followed by the parents also. 

I never leave a round chambered even uncocked and even at only 4fpe, also store the guns without the mag in the gun. It only takes 1 accident to change lives forever, safety has nothing to do with second amendment but negligence is a sure way to lose it! 

Then as other have already pointed out the pursuit of high power and then full auto Airguns will absolutely kill our hobby/sport. 30 cal slugs in full auto absolutely should be considered as firearm and strictly regulated IMHO, it’s absolutely lethal to human. Again, it take just one THAT GUY to F it up for everyone, it’s not matter of IF, it’s only matter of WHEN! And THEN we can only hope we get slapped with sub 12 laws as supposed to out right ban of pellet guns period, given how the ultra left politicians are we will get the out right ban as supposed to a more sensible sub12 law. 

This rush to embrace regulation is very short sighted. When you give an anti-gunner ANYTHING, he will come back for something MORE. This has been true for as long as I can remember. 

The problem here is a lack of supervision and has precisely squat to do with automatic airguns. Do I believe they will be a sticking point wherein we see regulation extended to all airguns? Yes, I do. Should they be regulated? Not according to the Second Amendment but we've been down that road on the forum.

The topic of this thread is the unfortunate death of one child at the hands of another. It seems the airgun in question was not a fully automatic model? I'll bet the people calling for regulation in that town today have not said the words "fully automatic" one time, either.

Don't want one. Don't have a need for one. DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN ONE... and I am keeping that right.

A sub 12 fpe law is sensible?

I personally see No real use for a full auto pellet rifle. Hunting? Lmao! No thanks.

And that's just as valid as all the folks that see no real use for any pellet rifle. 

GsT

IMO what's needed or not needed (objects) vs safety practices/ a sound mindset (people) ...are two different things. To each their own; it's what makes 'freedom' unique. And that's the freedom I prefer (and am sure lots others here). Frowning upon and/or limiting objects is not a path that aligns with the concept of freedom. However, sadly full-auto anything is a fast-track to gaining unwanted attention these days, esp with the current health of politics vs challenges in social/family structures and/or upbringing. So.... only time will tell.

Absolutely the point..

"The topic of this thread is the unfortunate death of one child at the hands of another. It seems the airgun in question was not a fully automatic model? I'll bet the people calling for regulation in that town today have not said the words "fully automatic" one time, either."

Amen. :)

"Don't want one. Don't have a need for one. DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN ONE… and I am keeping that right."

I personally see No real use for a full auto pellet rifle. Hunting? Lmao! No thanks.

And that's just as valid as all the folks that see no real use for any pellet rifle. 

GsT

IMO what's needed or not needed (objects) vs safety practices/ a sound mindset (people) ...are two different things. To each their own; it's what makes 'freedom' unique. And that's the freedom I prefer (and am sure lots others here). Frowning upon and/or limiting objects is not a path that aligns with the concept of freedom. However, sadly full-auto anything is a fast-track to gaining unwanted attention these days, esp with the current health of politics vs challenges in social/family structures and/or upbringing. So.... only time will tell.

More directly, what is needed is people who recognize that when *they* come for our airgun liberties, it will be all of them. it won't be because there are some full-auto airguns, it will be because the people that want to take them away don't want you to have any of them. It's asinine to plead for protection for one's little corner of the sport while throwing others under the bus in the hopes that your (not aimed at you, TnPb) new masters will look kindly on you. 

GsT