• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not a good day shooting starlings

I was not doing so well with my starlings shooting this day with my FX Crown. Nothing wrong with my Crown so only 3 things that I could blame for: bad shooter, wind or pellet.

I missed more than usual but it was still a fun day to be out at the farm shooting my toy.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf92eKR7kw8&t=241s

Good morning Max115,

The folks in my part of the country have just about shot up all the Starlings, which is good. It is seldom that I see more than 1 or 2 at the bird feeder and I do my best to reduce that number.

What pellet are you shooting? My Crown .177cal seems to like best the JSB Exact Monster 13.43gr .

Be safe and have a great day,

ThomasT

@cmatera. the only best time to tap them is when they are on a wire, ledge or roofline. When they are on the ground feeding, it is impossible to predict the movement.

@TomasT. Well, I am glad you guys are doing a good job reducing the population of these pests. I am shooting the H&N Baracuda 18gr and the AA18gr. Both are very good in my Crown 500mm. On a good calm day, I can hit sub MOA with 5 shots group at 100 yards.

thanks for watching.

Max,

I feel your frustration, I have similar days with pigeons — just does not seem to work out....

However, when I have scopecam footage, I try to zoom in as much as I can* to see where I hit precisely, and what kind of damage I did. *[I use the iCLOO app.] Then I am able to estimate better if I can chalk up the hit as: 

Confirmed kill

—DRT = dead right there
—DCB = dead close by (within 15y)
—DFA = dead far away (beyond 15y)

Probable kill

Possible kill

Non-lethal hit

● Motion miss = the quarry "ducked" or "walked" or "caved"

I appreciate your honesty about your REAL shooting performance, Max. I really do. 👍🏼

Matthias

@JungleShooter. Thank you. I want to share my experience with others as I am no expert or trophy winner type shooter. Just an average Joe who enjoys shooting my AG as accurately as possible.

@NNMV. Thank you. Not at all. We are all "sharp shooter" when we have that perfect day of out plinking or pesting. Days that can't seem to do anything wrong, lol.

Please watch my next video on the new target spinners I recently made with the help of my farmer friend who does welding on the side. Thank you.