• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Not a bad haul so far

Taking advantage of the nicer weather, I've been out working in the yard off and on today. I keep my 2260 pcp in the garage on the weekends for off chance pesting. Today didn't disappoint. I think I got more birds than yard work done today. These are what were recovered, a few were wing shots that took off into the brush. A couple grackles will soon be feral cat or Barred owl food tonight.

Grackles were taken for harassing my song birds at the feeders, and they were also eating my scraps I tossed to my hens. Sparrows and starlings get smacked anytime they're around.

1000007840.jpg

That is one handy looking outfit. And it obviosly gets the job done. Nice.
Thanks, it's still a work in progress. Dialed it in for sub 30 yard pesting at 610-620 fps with the Super H points. Right at 12 fpe. The pellets pass through but barely dent my backstop or privacy fence. Just about perfect for backyard pesting. Getting 30 shots on a 2500 psi fill is nice too.

Nice shootin' Tex! Looks like a really nice rifle. 12 fpe is plenty for pesting and fun to shoot. Grackles, starlings, HOSPs and those damn cow birds get no quarter. My friend's feeders are well guarded and strictly for song birds. Lots of pine warblers, orioles, finches and nut hatches will visit the feeders while we are shooting, they know they have a sh!t bird free zone. Chipmunks are shoot on sight as well if the peanut butter traps do not get them first.

Nice shootin' Tex! Looks like a really nice rifle. 12 fpe is plenty for pesting and fun to shoot. Grackles, starlings, HOSPs and those damn cow birds get no quarter. My friend's feeders are well guarded and strictly for song birds. Lots of pine warblers, orioles, finches and nut hatches will visit the feeders while we are shooting, they know they have a sh!t bird free zone. Chipmunks are shoot on sight as well if the peanut butter traps do not get them first.
I have tons of Robins, cardinals, blue jays, mockingbirds, and a couple mated pairs of brown thrasher that live in my ivy/honeysuckle that grows down my fence. This year I have also gained my state bird back, the eastern bluebird.

I believe the last 4 years of grackle smackin has lead to the influx of these birds. Never had them here before... besides the robins and jays. The grackles ans starlings have gotten weary of my yard, so they come in typically small groups and usually keep their distance. The cow birds are starting to learn too. I've popped a few of them as well.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Glad to hear you are having great success with your birds. My friend Chuck has been shooting sh!t birds for over twenty years. His back yard is a bird sanctuary and the birds know it. I think we culled about twenty grackles and this year we have only seen fly overs. The song birds are amazing. Here is a handy little app for your phone, I hope you like it.

Really helps ID birds. I am always surprised by how well it works with a good pair of binoculars.

Edit: Added link to the Sound Id option. Open the app, click Sound Id and watch it start identifying birds by their calls. Amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I agree with all, ESPECIALLY the cowbirds. Their first action in life is killing a baby bird and I have zero use for them. I actively hunt them around the house and wish I could use my .25 caliber Impact by I’m afraid of putting those heavier pellets in the air in my neighborhood. 8gr .177 wadcutters work great if I can get close enough.

I agree with all, ESPECIALLY the cowbirds. Their first action in life is killing a baby bird and I have zero use for them. I actively hunt them around the house and wish I could use my .25 caliber Impact by I’m afraid of putting those heavier pellets in the air in my neighborhood. 8gr .177 wadcutters work great if I can get close enough.

It does not take a lot of fpe for sh!t birds I am happy to report. The FWB 124 sounds perfect for the job. I have used my Walther LP400 with 7 gr domed pellets to great effect. Put some seed on the ground with a good back stop and grab a chair about 20 yards away.

Shoot. Shovel. Shut up. 😀

Taking advantage of the nicer weather, I've been out working in the yard off and on today. I keep my 2260 pcp in the garage on the weekends for off chance pesting. Today didn't disappoint. I think I got more birds than yard work done today. These are what were recovered, a few were wing shots that took off into the brush. A couple grackles will soon be feral cat or Barred owl food tonight.

Grackles were taken for harassing my song birds at the feeders, and they were also eating my scraps I tossed to my hens. Sparrows and starlings get smacked anytime they're around.

View attachment 467302
Very nice haul indeed, you can finish the “yard work” later…. Those birds payed the ultimate price for interrupting a man’s outside chores… 💥 x 10! Good shooting on your part. 🙏

• Haha
Very nice haul indeed, you can finish the “yard work” later…. Those birds payed the ultimate price for interrupting a man’s outside chores… 💥 x 10! Good shooting on your part. 🙏
Well the hail storm that came through last night destroyed my garden... and 2 of my cars. One of which will be totaled. It was my backup car anyhow, maybe 1500 miles in 2 years I've driven it. Going to collect that check and buy some toys 😃

At least the hail did me a favor and tore down the rest of the overgrowth!

Silver linings I guess...

Reactions: L.Leon