• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nosy neighbors? How to carry 2 guns without looking like it

My neighbors can all see me shoot when I'm shooting at my 35 yard target trap. (My neighbor took this photo.) We all live on the side of a hill. I've been shooting my pellet guns since I moved in 20 years ago so they trust me. If I see someone I don't recognize and I want to shoot my gun I'll walk over and let them know what I'm doing and point out the pellet trap. But, I also try to be respectful. So far so good. I'm fortunate to have good neighbors.

IMG_7923.1646290105.jpg

My neighbors can all see me shoot when I'm shooting at my 35 yard target trap. (My neighbor took this photo.) We all live on the side of a hill. I've been shooting my pellet guns since I moved in 20 years ago so they trust me. If I see someone I don't recognize and I want to shoot my gun I'll walk over and let them know what I'm doing and point out the pellet trap. But, I also try to be respectful. So far so good. I'm fortunate to have good neighbors.

IMG_7923.1646290105.jpg

Shooting off of an apartment/condo balcony?That’s a wild looking photo. 

I can't stay out. Who are you more afraid of? Your neighbors, or the police? Why? Have you done anything illegal?

The more often your neighbors and others around you see you carrying a Case it will lead to normalization. Eventually they will be telling the new folks not to freak out. 

Obviously it's up to you and how comfortable you are being uncomfortable. I prefer uncomfortable knowing I'm correct over uncomfortable being in fear of others.

Cool cases by the way. Quite creative. 

I'm not sure who you are referring to but I can reply. I'm not afraid of anyone, let alone the police, it's just my business, and I prefer to be covert about it. I don't want the neighbors wondering why so many gun transports, or how many guns I have, now they can wonder what king of guitar is in there. I don't know all my neighbors, my house is unguarded quite a bit, I don't want to appear to have anything of value.

genericuser: so you are afraid of theft. No worries but lets be honest.

How many in this thread share pictures of thier toys and homes online? Were I information gathering as a thief or police, I'd follow my mark to every social media space they occupy. Far easier than the classic PI cold calls and waiting outside of a house all day in a work van. Hell, I'd friend my mark and work them to letting me in their home. Easy peasy.

Of course I'm not going to do any of that. I simply find threads like this humorous and dangerous at the same time. It gives people a false sense of security, which I suppose is fine for Ostriches. 

Sorry for bringing down the thread.