Nostalgically looking at pcp progression in style /type of guns

I want to hear about peoples progressions in style of gun

For example I started PCPing in 2009 -10 with traditional style rifles ( marauder )
Later on down the road Bullpups we’re the next style.
Then much more recent the carbine and mini carbines

Before 2009 I had 22 odd springers now I have 4
9CC411C4-79AB-49B8-A3D8-13F54A70556A.jpeg
motley crew

Last edited:
Started with two Gamos from Walmart that left a bad taste in my mouth. Just about gave up on airguns altogether when I came across the Marauder. Muuuuch better. I ended up ordering an FX Dreamline shortly after and fell in love with PCPs for a couple of years. I then tried an HW97K and instantly fell in love with springers. I traded the Dreamline for a really nice old Weihrauch a year ago and literally just yesterday traded that Marauder for a D350.

Nice collection.

2016 - Obtained Genll Marauder

2023 - Still have the same tricked out (probably 1k in custom parts) Marauder and another one built thats closer to stock form with all the spare parts that I upgraded from :ROFLMAO:

Do I regret it opposed to spending my money elsewhere, be it another hobby or a different rifle? Nope, wouldn't change a thing.

-Matt

Nice collection.

2016 - Obtained Genll Marauder

2023 - Still have the same tricked out (probably 1k in custom parts) Marauder and another one built thats closer to stock form with all the spare parts that I upgraded from :ROFLMAO:

Do I regret it opposed to spending my money elsewhere, be it another hobby or a different rifle? Nope, wouldn't change a thing.

-Matt
i have sold all my PB's now working on selling some of my PCP 's to buy more springers but mainly SSP's , il buy and sell springers to finance SSP

For example I started PCPing in 2009 -10 with traditional style rifles ( marauder )

Before 2009 I had 22 odd springers now I have 4View attachment 400826motley crew
What are your 4 remaining springers?

Before 2009 I had 22 odd springers now I have 4View attachment 400826motley crew
Not complaining, but I personally don't like the popular PCP evolution away from a traditional walnut stock.
They're lighter though:) and likely much more comfortable to walk around with while hunting.

I like the more traditional looking gun like a RAW or FX Crown, then again I don't hunt.

Reactions: r1lover and Perle
What are your 4 remaining springers?
Nothing special but to me I have a fully custom gamo 220 hunter that my father and myself shot when he was still alive. Fully custom tuned wood refinished shroud
A Webley tomahawk
A MM tuned Ruger airhawk
A Hatsan Model 85

5C977DDD-4DF3-4FA6-A580-824AAED15319.jpeg

Last edited:
Started with a Beeman R1 in the 80s, then bought an AA S410 from Straight Shooters in .22 and used a hand pump for a while. Then an AA S510, then the springer craze started to now, with an AA .177 Pro Sport, an HW77, an HW97 in .177, .20, and .22, the old AA S410, a Weihrauch HW100T in .22, a Wolverine R in .177, a Brockock Commander XR Magnum in .22, a Wolverine R HP in .22, a RedWolf in .22, a Charile Frear tuned Cricket long in .22, an Impact MKIII 600 MM in .22, a BRK Ghost in .22, an FX Panthera 700MM in .22, an FX Royale 500 in .25, a Wolverine R HP Forester in .25, a RAW HM1000X Chassis in .22 Cerekote, a RAW HM1000X LRT Walnut, Skout Epoch in .25.

Along the way have owned probably as many or more that are now being enjoyed by others. The investment in an Alkin W31 made it much more fun to transition so heavily to the super accurate PCPS but has mentioned in a previous post earlier this week, there is something special about shooting super smooth tuned springers so I will always maintain a few in my collection.

I have also made many great friends, especially because of this forum. A terrific sport and past time!

Started with a Beeman R1 in the 80s, then bought an AA S410 from Straight Shooters in .22 and used a hand pump for a while. Then an AA S510, then the springer craze started to now, with an AA .177 Pro Sport, an HW77, an HW97 in .177, .20, and .22, the old AA S410, a Weihrauch HW100T in .22, a Wolverine R in .177, a Brockock Commander XR Magnum in .22, a Wolverine R HP in .22, a RedWolf in .22, a Charile Frear tuned Cricket long in .22, an Impact MKIII 600 MM in .22, a BRK Ghost in .22, an FX Panthera 700MM in .22, an FX Royale 500 in .25, a Wolverine R HP Forester in .25, a RAW HM1000X Chassis in .22 Cerekote, a RAW HM1000X LRT Walnut, Skout Epoch in .25.

Along the way have owned probably as many or more that are now being enjoyed by others. The investment in an Alkin W31 made it much more fun to transition so heavily to the super accurate PCPS but has mentioned in a previous post earlier this week, there is something special about shooting super smooth tuned springers so I will always maintain a few in my collection.

I have also made many great friends, especially because of this forum. A terrific sport and past time!
That’s quite an impressive list….. very very impressive indeed

To be fair … I did have some of the better Springers, AA TX a few Daina 34s , a. RwS 350, R1 and R9.

I stupidly sold my best springers to generate some cash during a move. I regret selling them but I abandoned springers when I got into pcp.( past tense .. )
Having said that I thoroughly enjoy a smooth shooting springer … all my real shooting skills came from Springer use

Last edited:
I started out with a Walmart springer that was awful in every way.
Needed to deal with a chipmunk infestation but after whittling down a few chipmunks I ditched the crappy rifle and got a Marauder in .25 that quickly took care of the problem.
I fell in love with shooting again and wondered how accurate air guns could be.
YouTube videos and this forum forced me into the rabbit hole!
I was okay until the YouTube videos and here.
I ended up with rifles from FX and Daystate and my favorite rifle of all a Theoben rapid in .20 caliber.
Went from Walmart springer to the above list in about six years.
There’s way more too, but the above list doesn’t look so bad 😂.

Reactions: grackleblast
Nothing special but to me I have a fully custom gamo 220 hunter that my father and myself shot when he was still alive. Fully custom tuned wood refinished shroud
A Webley tomahawk
A MM tuned Ruger airhawk
A Hatsan Model 85

View attachment 400881
Have you been able to improve the Hatsan trigger on your Tomahawk? I have a similar Stingray. 1/2 Birmingham, 1/2 Turkey. Not much info out there about those triggers.
I bought a Daystate LR90 yeeeeaaaars ago (30?). And later a beautiful walnut BSA Superten Mk3 bull carbine. Very rarely ever shoot those. I always prefer the "cock load shoot" simplicity of sporting size break barrels. Grab n go

Reactions: Perle
I think I'm working backwards. First pcp was a diana bandit. I think I ordered it because my mk1 continuum at the time was on back order for a few months.

So, this was my first.
1587486081_2871136765e9f1d817b73e7.38978240.jpg

2nd
DSCF6077_edited.jpg

I've had probably at least 8 more inbetween this and the most recent ones.

And now, the 2 most recent ones were a ~13yr old grand prix (I had a new stock made for it)
20220416_150821_edited.jpg

And a fairly old ranchero being the latest aquisition. I'd say I lean very heavily toward pistols and mini carbines as 5/6 of my pistols also have stocks I can put on them. For hunting I prefer the fx crown 380mm which is on the short side for a rifle. I also have one 1322 pumper, and one hw50 springer. No plans to add anything to my collection anytime soon. And almost certainly will not. So, tally is 2x full size pcp rifles, both with ~14.5" barrels, both 22 cal. 6 pistol/carbines with one being multi pump, the other 5 being pcp. And the 1 spring piston rifle.

352686915_973859373964099_2156284939701473512_n_edited.jpg

Thanks. That one in particular is impressive inside and out, and down range. They don't build them like that anymore.

If I can help it, I like having equal parts form and function. But will always pick function over form if it comes down to it.

I'm very fond of these two as well, in every aspect of form and function

120450284_827952447943989_3103712816572265054_n_edited.1607150517.jpg
DSCF6025_edited.jpg

Reactions: Perle and L.Leon
Have you been able to improve the Hatsan trigger on your Tomahawk? I have a similar Stingray. 1/2 Birmingham, 1/2 Turkey. Not much info out there about those triggers.
I bought a Daystate LR90 yeeeeaaaars ago (30?). And later a beautiful walnut BSA Superten Mk3 bull carbine. Very rarely ever shoot those. I always prefer the "cock load shoot" simplicity of sporting size break barrels. Grab n go
The Webley got a basic lube tune and I’ve made no adjustments to its trigger.
There isn’t much info on it ..

Break barrels are the king of self efficientcy