• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Northwest Pennsylvania-where to fill a tank

I used to live in Erie during the Eisenhower Administration, but now live just under the Arctic Circle. I went through the same search for an air source and received similar helpful suggestions regarding fire houses and welding shops. Welding and dive shops here could not fill to 4500PSI. Fire houses where dependent on who was at the shop - some would and some wouldn't. The same with local rifle clubs. Rather than being like Blanche in A Street Car Named Desire and being dependent on the kindness of strangers, I ended up buying my own HPA compressor. Shipping was criminal, but the convenience so far has been excellent. I mainly just fill small cylinders for 10M pistols, but it is sweet to fill them easily.

The reality is that I would prefer to just have a large carbon fiber tank and not mess with a compressor IF I had a reliable and dependable source of air. But I don't, so that is why I make my own air.

Best wishes in your journey.

Mike