• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Northern California Airgun

N89

Jan 15, 2018
Ca
 I’m looking to find other people in Northern California who have the same interest of airguns. I’m starting a page on Facebook, but it’s not limited to only Northern California. But, the main purpose is finding people in Northern California. Please check it out and maybe we can get something going.

There is a great deal of airgunning interest in the greater Sacramento Valley. We hold monthly Field Target matches from March to November alternating locations between Ione and Davis, CA. Our matches usually draw between 15 and 25 shooters each month. If you want to meet some fellow airgunners then come on out to one of our matches, or better yet bring a 20 ftlb or less rifle with you and join in on the fun. We have a match scheduled this coming Sunday May 27th in Ione. Information about the club and our matches can be found at our website: https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Hope to see you there,
Jim in Sacramento

What do you consider northern California? The Sac valley airgun club is great for those in the Sac area but for those of use farther north in rual California their is nothing. I live in Oroville and do have a shooting buddy. We would like some other options besides our back yards and also meet others that enjoy the sport of airguning. I also work all weekends and would like to attend meets during the week. Most meets and shoots are on weekends. Anyway my buddy Juan and I would be interested in a upper Northern California shooting group.

We are actually in the Bay Area but willing to travel to any of the above areas mentioned. The group it for all things airgun to bring people with more or less experience more knowledge. With of course the possibility to meet up. Please share your experiences and knowledge. 

The facebook group is called
Northern California Airgun. 

"Houli"N89,
being of the bay area, are you awaware of the Diablo rod & gun club located in Concord, I believe off hwy 4. They have an airgun club as well. A great group of guys, worth checking out!
Cheers
Another Diablo member here. They offer airgun silhouette and FT matches monthly as well as 10 M indoor matches. The public pistol & rifle ranges are closed for the time being, but their Multi Purpose Range is open for rim fire and airguns on Wed, Thurs and Sat-Sunday. It's a friendly, helpful group in a clean and well supervised setting. C'mon out :)

"redcrow"
"Houli"N89,
being of the bay area, are you awaware of the Diablo rod & gun club located in Concord, I believe off hwy 4. They have an airgun club as well. A great group of guys, worth checking out!
Cheers
Another Diablo member here. They offer airgun silhouette and FT matches monthly as well as 10 M indoor matches. The public pistol & rifle ranges are closed for the time being, but their Multi Purpose Range is open for rim fire and airguns on Wed, Thurs and Sat-Sunday. It's a friendly, helpful group in a clean and well supervised setting. C'mon out :)
Thanks. I can’t wait. 

Houli,

I'm just returning to the shooting scene at the USI range. Back in 2009, we were still powder burning fools active on the 1000/600 yard benchrest circuit, and the USI ranges were where we did load development and testing. John Labash was one of the club's major organizers in those days. Around 2010, my wife's disability progressed far enough to make long range shooting difficult for her, and the cost of consumables & travel got to be too much. We pretty much retired form the shooting sports about that time, only to rejoin the fray after discovering air gunning around the beginning of this year. So the names you mentioned don't ring any bells. I'm pleased to say the 'culture' at the range is still very hospitable with many experienced and knowledgeable members willing to educate us airgun newbies.

Regards,
Bert (AKA redcrow)

Both FT and Silhouettes competitions with the Diablo Rod and Gun Club have a 20 ft-lb muzzle energy limit. Might be tough to meet that reqirement with a .25. That said, the Sat & Sun public sessions on the MPR are open to rim fire and airguns with no energy restriction at all. The MPR range goes out to 100 yards and farther. There are club member only sessions also on the MPR on Wed. mornings and Thurs afternoons. The club does offer free tank refills to members, so the $25 annual dues is more than worth the money to me. C'mon out and give us a try. I'm a bit of a range rat, so you'll probably have the chance to put a face to the name :)