Northeast Airgun Classic $30,000 in prize money!

Out of curiosity - why no semi-auto for PRS? Was thinking my .30 Leshiy 2 would be perfect for it, now I'm not sure I have a rifle to use.
Because during a PRS style event when the shooters move positions they must open the breech to make the gun safe while they move. With the semi-auto rifles there is no way to make them safe while moving from one shooting position to the next.

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to officially say we have heard the feedback from many of you regarding the 100-yard bench portion of the competition and we have changed it to have a 2-card qualifier. It took a lot to move things around and make it work but, in the end, we believe it is the proper format for an honest, 100-yard bench event. We wanted to say thanks to the people who mentioned it and let you know we are listening to you guys. We want to make the Northeast Airgun Classic something special. Thanks again for your support and we look forward to seeing you guys there!

Because during a PRS style event when the shooters move positions they must open the breech to make the gun safe while they move. With the semi-auto rifles there is no way to make them safe while moving from one shooting position to the next.
Hi, just a thought. I not asking for this to be implemented, but, would a bright orange solid inserted in the breach of semi-auto be a viable solution to this concern?

Reactions: North East Airguns
Hi, just a thought. I not asking for this to be implemented, but, would a bright orange solid inserted in the breach of semi-auto be a viable solution to this concern?
@Raider03

Thanks for the reply. No worries. This is something we have spoken about at length on our end, and due to some semi-auto's not being able to be cleared or have access to the breach, the determination in the interest of safety, semi-autos will not be allowed. Thank you again for the response and we hope to see you out there in April! If you have any more questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thanks
Chris
PSC (PRS style) Event Coordinator

@Raider03

Thanks for the reply. No worries. This is something we have spoken about at length on our end, and due to some semi-auto's not being able to be cleared or have access to the breach, the determination in the interest of safety, semi-autos will not be allowed. Thank you again for the response and we hope to see you out there in April! If you have any more questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thanks
Chris
Thank you for your reply.
I am little concerned that a semi auto with the bolt open can still be fired if the safe is off. The bolt will slam shut, atleast that's my understanding. Another stray though 😀.
Thank you for setting up this new airgun competition!

Thank you for your reply.
I am little concerned that a semi auto with the bolt open can still be fired if the safe is off. The bolt will slam shut, atleast that's my understanding. Another stray though 😀.
Thank you for setting up this new airgun competition!
Thanks for the question. I hope that I was able to help or cause more confusion (one or the other)!! But help non the less.

Thanks
Chris

The 100 yard bench targets are the same size and style as the ones used at RMAC. Most of the FX dealers have practice targets that are the exact size have 25 targets with 5 sighters on them.
Thank you. Since posting my question I was able to find them. On back order of course 🤪, but I’m hoping to have mine in time to get a few practice rounds in before NH. I’m very much looking forward to my first ever airgun competition. I’m quite sure I will learn a bunch and leave feeling quite exhausted. Can’t wait!!!!

Whats the definition of a Pro shooter?
Thats a good question. I would think it's a person that makes their living primarily through shooting... But there are only a few airgun competitors that are truly "Pro". Most just shoot in the "Pro" Class even though it's just a hobby because that's where the best competition shoots...