• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Normal on Benjamin pump guns?

I'm thinking about buying my first (used) Benjamin multi pumper, guessing it's from the 80s or 90s, wood stocked gun, looks like new, in .177 caliber. I can't believe I've never had one. I've been shooting air guns for 50+ years. I've been watching vids and reading about them for a few days now. One thing I see, and don't like is that when one is shot, a lot of times, seems like almost every time on some guns, the cocking lever drops down a bit. Is that a common thing on these guns? Easily remedied? That would annoy the crap out of me. Something I would not tolerate. Might be a deal breaker. Thanks.

Reactions: .20calguy
I'm thinking about buying my first (used) Benjamin multi pumper, guessing it's from the 80s or 90s, wood stocked gun, looks like new, in .177 caliber. I can't believe I've never had one. I've been shooting air guns for 50+ years. I've been watching vids and reading about them for a few days now. One thing I see, and don't like is that when one is shot, a lot of times, seems like almost every time on some guns, the cocking lever drops down a bit. Is that a common thing on these guns? Easily remedied? That would annoy the crap out of me. Something I would not tolerate. Might be a deal breaker. Thanks.
I have several different vintage, pre-1980 Benjamin pumps and without seeing a video of your particular example, I would say they all do this to some extent.
Mine all "lock" up into position well, and you want to have it locked into position before you squeeze the trigger.
So its never been anything too concerning for me!

I'm not yet familiar with the old Benji's, but the Sheridan's have an adjustable cam to control the bolt closing into a sealed firing position. It has a cap with two screws. I wouldn't doubt that the Benji's are the same.

Screenshot_20240125_095823_Gallery.jpg