• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Noob here...

Hi, I'm new to this site and recently just got back into airguns. Sold all my airguns (Maccari tuned R9, R7, Diana 34, QB 78s and Career 707 carbine) in early 2000s.

I have a .22 AEA HP carbine on the way for small game hunting. Looking forward setting it up and sending lead down range.
Hope you enjoy it. Good customer service, if needed. My advice WEAR SAFETY EYEWEAR at all times. . Clean the barrel with some ballistol , watch the magazines for sticking and double feeds.Their semi autos are not without some feeding issues. Hope this helps and adds some safety.

@jmsdad Welcome to AGN. What type of small game do you intend to hunt? Where do you hunt in NorCal? Anywhere in the Bay Area?

Thank guys. Glad to be here. I shot a buddy's FX M3 a few weeks ago and it's sweet, just can't fork out the $$$$ for one right now.

I occasionally hunt rabbits and mostly tree squirrel on public land (BLM, national forests)

@jmsdad Good to have access to BLM land for hunting in proximity to metropolitan areas. Enjoy your AEA. They appear to be powerful platforms. Should be more than enough to handle squirrels and rabbits. There’s a decent amount of info in the forums on that brand. So you’ve got your sights set on an Impact eh? Sounds like you’re ready to take the plunge back into the hobby. There are plenty of folks here willing to assist you in learning about the newer platforms considering the advancements that have been made (on the PCP side) since you sold your previous airguns. Have you obtained a pump, SCBA tank, or compressor yet?

Tom,

welcome to AGN!
You picked a great place to get info and advice and get your questions answered — and to help out others! 👍🏼

AEA is a good start to get back into this awesome hobby. Unless you're trying to reach beyond 100y, or to compete at high levels, there's no need to fork out a grand or two for a gun.

Cheers! 😄

Matthias