• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

noob help .45 Hercules bully blowout

So this is my first big bore PCP rifle. I've only owned it for a few months, but long enough to give it a custom camo paint job. It shot beautifully until the last time I took it out. I was getting 7 shot strings between 760 and 720 fps at 190grain and 1.5" groupings at 50 yards. But I got greedy and turned up the hammer spring 1/2 turn hoping to reach 800-750 strings but on my final shot (luckily my psi was low) something blew out releasing all the pressure from the cylinder. So I returned the hammer spring adjustment to it's original location hoping it would fix it. But it did not. I should mention I got the rifle from another company and I think it was a return and that it had been tuned before. I think this because the trigger pull was incredibly light. Not at all the 6lbs. stock that I have been reading about. Now when I cock it to add air everything seems fine, but the moment I close the pin into the breach it immediately evacuates all air. It feels like its coming from the breach area but I'm not entirely sure if its barrel side or coming from the chamber that's exposed under the chin rest. Any suggestions on what could be causing this? What I should look at and what the proper name for that part would be so that I can see about repairing it. Or is it for sure going to be something that will require sending it out? Thanks so much for the help.

Sounds like a blown valve seal-poppet and or bent valve or valve spring If you are lucky the valve seat and or valve spring may only have been unseated and can possibly be put back.

Not familiar with this particular model but it may have a burst disc? If so maybe thats blown.

Another option is to just try to fire the gun as fast as you can. Maybe hit it lots of times hard with a rubber mallet or the palm of your hand as of you're beating it to death as its leaking while shooting.

If the air cylinder can be unscrewed while under pressure by design you may try and unscrew it and dry fire ONCE then screw it back on again. After that if still leak try just unscrewing the cylinder about 1/4 to 1/2 turn.