• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Non lethal defense

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it but Wasp & Hornet spray is a great deterrent to predator of all sorts. 

Higher pressure and longer range than most pepper spray which is good for fast moving targets. The larger size makes it a little more burdensome to transport but there is more volume for follow up shots or multiple attackers.

As a bonus it also works on bees and wasps😊

I typically keep a can in my truck as a precaution

You are correct the root of your prob is the owners. Make them suffer a pump up sprayer filled with water and skunk scent will work on the dog as good as pepper spray and a whole lot better on its owner.

I see you fish,a rotted down fish body strained through screen is deadly. And far harder to get rid of than skunk. Either would make the owner aware he has a prob that needs fixing and not let him forget it for a good long time.

If it’s the SAME dog(s)call animal control. If it’s unpredictable then some type of spray. If the cost of the spray bothers you just think how expensive medical care is and the PAIN involved . There is no perfect solution in this or most other things in life . shooting is one bad idea.

Two million for a dog bite. That’s reason enough for me to never have a dog of any size. Little dogs can bite too but they have to work to get to some ones face.

Yep, they aren't "bad dogs", they are just dogs doing exactly what their poop bum owners want them to do. Which is to keep people away so that they can tweek for days on end.... and then sleep for a week.

There's no such thing as "animal control" or police out here, and the sheriff is 45 minutes away. So we pretty much just deal with things like this on our own.

I used to let my lab run along with me on rides, but the last time he came with me he got in a scrap with 2 pit bulls and it cost me a 400.00 vet bill. The pits at that place never bothered ME on previous rides but they sure tore into my yellow buddy.

I've ridden over some pretty dicey surfaces with pepper spray in a wrist holster and never had one crap out due to the vibration. Used the stuff ever since I lived up in Chico 30 something years ago and had a fair number of incidents requiring its use. The stuff is effective for both 4 and 2 legged undesirables. I have to admit, it lacked the visceral satisfaction of playing puppy polo with a tire pump, but in the end, it got the job done more effectively and cheaper.

I agree with all of the above. I am a big dog owner myself but I train my dogs to not act aggressive to others. The folks in question are crackheads that think having badass dogs around their place is cool. No worrys about legality since the last thing they want is a deputy poking around.

Maybe I'll just carry some pork chops.
1f609.svg

Heck if you carry pork chops ride by my house and I'll chase you! 😄

How come no one has mentioned a tazer or a cattle prod stun gun? Good options right there. 

They make pepper spray set ups made for joggers, in particular the ones shaped like a brass knuckle so it already is in your palm at the ready.(they make stun guns of this shape also, for a fistful of jolts like iron man, lol). If the spray was meant for joggers, it should be adequate for a cyclist.