• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Yong Heng May be a better option based on price and parts and DIY forum member feedback help. These are used to fill large tanks so I would think filling a gun directly would be much less stress thus last longer than its intended purpose. I have 2 but have never needed to use them yet and one is a different brand. I would think these would last longer than what you are considering as well as their rebranded counterparts. YO!

The Nomad 2 MAY last longer if used on tube guns filling to 3000 psi (207 bar). They WILL eat their lunch filling to 4350 psi (300 bar) in short order. They develop a “death knock” and will not build pressure. The current draw meter IMO is useless, not a true indicator of an issue as when these fail the meter reads a low amp draw. Using silicone fluid for lubrication is not a good idea ether. The blue LED lighting is cheesy too. I had one that failed within 2 months, returned for warranty repair and then returned again for a refund after a second failure. It didn’t last an hour after the warrant repair. The ONLY single cylinder Chinese compressor that can reliably fill to 300 bar Is a Yong Heng due to better lubrication and water cooling. At high pressures and temperatures no compressor is truly trouble free. Just the nature of the beast. I would NOT push a Spark or clone over 207 bar (3000 psi) ether as I have tried and had failures The manufacturers claim 4500 psi capacity but for how many fills before failure? Air cooled, not many. Just my personal experience with these two different 12 volt air cooled compressors. Using a Yong Heng now with no problems YET, knock on wood.

I’m new to Airgun Nation I was looking at some of the post and found this one. I have a nomad 2 and have had no issues as of yet I’ve only owned it for 5 months now. I will say I’ve only used it to fill my rifles and that’s what it’s designed for. I think is was a good choice for me due to the portability. I live 30 miles from any scuba shop and my fire department won’t fill any bottles. If I have any issues I’ll gladly repost here. 

https://youtu.be/3aAa0NP5iqA

This was after I received it back from av service. I told them it wasn’t running right and was basically told that I was doing something wrong because their tech got it up to 4500psi several times. So i decided to try it for a 4th time and let it run till it popped a fuse. It is not leaking air, I let it sit for a minute after it popped the fuse and the gauge didn’t move. So basically it’s a paper weight. 

I have had this nomad 2 for a day and a half, bought from baker air guns in Ohio being this is my first compressor omg I love this thing!!! It’s so convenient!! I just hope it’s not to good to be true!! I’ve done my research I think the best 12v compressor is the JTS GX-E-CS3 that JSAR has done extensive research on to improve the product there is more info on another forum and its only like $500 and supposed to fill small bottles, I just couldn’t wait till May, if this breaks I’ll will try that compressor but man it’s nice not to pump any more lol. I just fill my Rex pistol tube and Rex rifle tube as of now and I document in a note pad what day what time what pressure and how long it takes to fill also amp measurements. The longest fill I’ve had is 5 minutes or so from almost empty to 220 bar it’s a 12” long tube I don’t know the cc’s. I do agree with the fellow above about the silicone oil it just doesn’t seem to be slick enough but am thinking it’s just for o rings I’m assuming and instead of a couple drops every 5 fills I’m doing a couple drops every fill. We’ see how it goes for now. I have a Dream Tac Compact in .25 coming soon also a .30 Blitz! I’ll let you guys how the nomad works for me. 

I have just over a year on mine, I would think close to 10 hours. I would go with the jsar compressor over the nomad2. I had an early nomad one, it shook the head bolts loose in 3 months. Av said the dealer I got it from would have to warranty it(yes he was an authorized dealer) he swapped me for another nomad one which had issues on first use. So then I paid to upgrade to nomad 2. After just over a year of use mine fried the board in it. I mailed it to them for repair and it has not aired up over 50 bar since. I’m more dissatisfied with how AV has handled things and I could pm you emails. I was going to buy a hill but now I’m worried since it is tied to Air Venturi and will be looking elsewhere while my $700 paperweight just sits. 

It’s frustrating for sure, and I honestly hope everyone else’s holds up. I’m thinking of a Benjamin recharge....I would have still considered the hill but after how things have been handled I don’t think I can buy from AV anymore. My only local dealer is an AV certified dealer and it really bothers me to not give him my business because he is a really good guy. 

Crank I feel for you and hope to god that doesn’t happen to me the features are great for what I need, and i’m sure you to, i watched the vid and it sounded right for the first minute if that, I mean that’s what mine sounds like but AV to not see something is wrong, it scares me!! It’s obvious I hope things turn for the better be cause I would be devastated if this crashed!!