• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Nomad ll mother board blown

I blew the mother board on my Nomad ll . Anyone know what a replacement cost. I'm pretty handy but any advice / instructions would be appreciated.

From a M E, design flaw for sure. Its to easy of a mistake to make. Got to be engineered in that probably every owner might forget to bleed at least once. To costly of a mistake. My bet, that board cost more than a Youg Heng

But, more than likely might be just a blown power supply board.. It must have a 12v plug. Connect to 12v battery from the car, it needs the amps. 

jmo

Just got a new Nomad 2. Thanks for the warning. I used the compressor the other night and stopped the filling at about 180 bars. Left the unit plugged in and did open the bleed valve. Came back a little later to top it off. I don't know what would have prompted me to bleed the line but its a good thing I did. According to what I am reading here, you never want to start the motor with the line under pressure. I could have easily done that.

Have you checked for blown fuses? These fuses could be on the mains power supply, or even surface mount fuses on the board itself. If it's a blown fuse, it could be just pennies for you to fix it.

Did you hear a pop or smell a bit of an acrid odor when it happened? This could be indicative of one of the board components failing due to the current overload (likely scenario if it isn't a blown fuse), and this too could be a very inexpensive fix if you can isolate and replace the blown component instead of replacing the entire board.