Nomad II issues

Inless it's under guarantee, I would open it up and take a look. They are fairly easy to do this, but just go carefully. If it made a knocking sound, but no pressure it might have broken a bit of the cranking arm like mine did.

I was able to order a replacement part, which arrived this week, so I hope to rebuild mine and here's hoping it's still functional. So I hope you get yours sorted, but once again, it's not too hard to take apart.

i wouldnt bother,specifically if you are anywhere outside of the us.
im in the uk,bought one from a gun shop here,oiled it and never abused it,then one day turned it on to charge one of my guns,it ran for about a minute.
temperature was normal no problems,then bang and it suddenly sounded like a bag of spanners so i turned it off.
phone the shop and because it was just outside the warranty period they refused to help.
so contacted air venturi and they said it was not their problem and i should talk to the people that sold it to me,which i had allready done.
so then asked if i sent it back at my cost they would repair it?
they said no,so i sent pictures of the parts i needed and paid in the end about 200 quid i think it was for parts.
they were installed and as soon as it was restarted it went wrong.
it appeared that the new piston they had sent was too long and on the first revolution it had broken the bearing on the crank.
so got in touch again and they sent me another part....and a replacement piston and other parts as the one id been charged for looked pitted and second hand.
was put back together recently and restarted and went bank all over again.
i paid 750 for it new and have spent approximately 300 quid on it in parts,this is without the cost of the heartache of buying another compressor.
a water cooled chinese job that has done far more hours allready than the nomad did without one flicker of a problem.
and for me with no uk service options i would avoid them at all costs,may be different for you guys in the us.
ive just sent them another email asking if i ship it back will they fix it at my cost of shipping and parts?
i need to at least salvage a mobile means of charging from my vehicle even if it costs me a couple more hundred pounds.
or maybe theuy take pity and just give me a new one?but i doubt it.

Inless it's under guarantee, I would open it up and take a look. They are fairly easy to do this, but just go carefully. If it made a knocking sound, but no pressure it might have broken a bit of the cranking arm like mine did.

I was able to order a replacement part, which arrived this week, so I hope to rebuild mine and here's hoping it's still functional. So I hope you get yours sorted, but once again, it's not too hard to take apart.
that sounds like what happened to mine,the guy who was doing it for me reckons some of the parts were out by a miniscule amount,hes and engineer and rebuilds compressors all the time.like i say in my other post,i ordered new parts and the parts that arrived looked second hand.

Last edited:
I got a broken Nomad 2 from a friend of mine. Upon opening it I found that the main crank shaft has broken, and the metal box has been bent due to things not doing what they should.

Does anyone know if these parts can be ordered? I have found the schematics on Pyramid air site, but the parts I want don't show. If it wasn't too expensive, I am keen to try and fix it, as I would then have a backup unit.

View attachment 32155

View attachment 32169
That's made by Tuxing. Mine did the same thing yesterday. Tuxin has a piston, rocker connector and crankcase shipped today! Those parts are available on the Tuxing Amazon store.

Mine did that yesterday. Tuxing is the maker. Parts at Tuxin Amazon Store. Ez to fix. These do not tolerate over 200bar. The side load on the connection overcomes the parts tensile strength at 250 + bar. Use it up to 200bar after repair and it could live to a ripe old age.

I have now pulled it apart, and the end of the case had totally broken off. It looks like there were only 2 spot welds on the inside, and any welding on the outside had been ground off so much that it was weak.

So next I need to find someone to weld this back with some extra strengthening. I am hoping it will all go back to normal, as the extra movement limited the amount the plunger could push.

View attachment 32010View attachment 32018View attachment 32045
It is side load on the connection above 250bar that causes metal fatigue around the screw holes, causing piston tab to break off. The bottom end of the piston still on the rocker is what bends up the crankcase. Tuxing makes the compressor, parts on Tuxin Store Amazon
and the iron box
The crankcase is referred to as the "iron box".
Tuxin customer service is first rate, replied in 20 min last night. Mine broke the same way yesterday, parts on the way for free. Ez to repair. Don't run over 200bar and it should last.
Good luck

The piston connection tab failures are caused by side loading of the tab at high pressure 250bar+ (think of how hard a hand pump gets at 250, lots of force) (same side load force that wears cylinders oval).This causes metal fatigue around the screw holes resulting in imminent failure. The rest of the piston connection (bearings and bottom end) keep rotating with the rocker plate smashing the crankcase box out of shape. Tuxing manufactures these. Parts are on Tuxin Store,at Amazon
and the iron box
The iron box is the crankcase.
Mine broke yesterday, contacted,Tuxin after midnight EST (noon in Sechen) they replied in 15min. Parts are shipped today, all free. Tuxin customer service is first rate.
The fix is ez. I plan on limiting mine to 220bar after repairing. It should live happily after that. It is a lie that these Chinese compressors are throw away. All parts available from manufacturer (not 2nd party branders), and the repair is ez.
PS. I find it refreshing that this manufacturer encourages customers to self repair without voiding warranty. Companies that forbid customers from fixing thier own by threat of voided warranty insults my intelligence.