Nomad 3 worth it?

I received an email that there is now a nomad 3. Its 25% faster than the nomad 2. But at $850 is it even worth it? Because can get the same compressor made in China for like $200-300. I can't find any reviews on YouTube on this new nomad 3. Anyone got one and is it good?
Screenshot_20221120-195939_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221120-195923_Chrome.jpg

I was going to pick up a Nomad 3 but found out it would only fill my scba bottle in stages. I bit the bullet so to speak and picked up an Omega Turbo. I’m so glad I did. More expensive but it’s a buy once cry once. Now I can fill my own bottles. I’ve even been kept in good supply of ammo. My friends pay me in pellets to fill their tanks.

Reactions: beerthief
I bought a "remanufactured" Nomad II from PA. Lasted 8 months and died. Warranty was 90 days. Never again.

Bought a Yong Heng for $350 on eBay and it's going strong. Fills 10x faster than the Nomad and parts are readily available.
I bought a new one from a local shop. DOA. Nothing. Nada. Never again is right, at least for a Nomad. On the other hand, my Air Venturi 4500 PSI water cooled compressor works fine.

Nomads tend to move around. Do you think it’s possible that the name of this compressor may suggest that buying a Nomad is just one of many destinations in one’s search for the most suitable compressor? And this is the third iteration in how many years? Just kicking around some thoughts here.

If you search eBay and Amazon you'll find compressors that look identical to the Nomad but cost considerably less. It's just a cheap, disposable design. I only used mine to fill a 300 cc bottle on an airgun, hardly what I'd call heavy use. On the other hand, the Yong Heng (although heavy, loud, requires water to cool and is butt ugly to boot) just works and keeps working. Find one on eBay with free shipping. Mine came with a "lifetime warranty" (which I won't rely on but is nice to know the seller offers it).