No Wind = Extra Fun Morning With Airguns!

We had our local weekly shoot in my back yard this morning. Various guns being shot were Benjamin Akela, Dreamline Classic and Vulcan 2 (all in .22) and DreamTact in .25. We were all kind of in shock that our guns were shooting so well today before it dawned on us that there wasn't even a breath of wind out this morning. Incredibly fun morning without any hint of frustration. We were mainly shooting the 25 yard target array, mostly toothpicks and the heads off dress-makers pins.

I had to shoot a couple of groups with my fairly-new-to-me Vulcan 2, shooting JSB 18.13s direct from the tin. I shot 2 consecutive 12 shot (full magazine) groups, the first without a moderator (left) and the second with the AGT moderator (right). Only 25 yards but I guess it shows me that my abilities to shoot and account for wind kind of suck. But I'm happy with the performance of gun and shooter in calm conditions! Slight opening of the second (right) group was all on the shooter, not the added moderator.

I just KNEW that I was going to screw up on something like my 10th, 11th or 12th shot, but much to my own surprise I was able to hold it together. Trigger time, trigger time, trigger time! And I'm really glad that I finally discovered these Eastern Euro guns with their CZ barrels.

IMG_2667.1653594751.JPG

Reactions: qball
Excellent shooting, on a perfect day too! Makes for the best of fun, and those CZ barrels are awesome. Hammer forged is an interesting and good way to make barrels. Have you guys tried baiting and shooting flys? Really fun and adds the hunting feeling to a shooting session lol. Your shooting sessions sound like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

davelarson we shoot a fair amount of candy as reactive and biodegradable targets. I can't count the number of new shooters I have hooked on air guns with Charms Mini Pops. They make the same 'pop' when you hit them as does a ground squirrel's head. We let the new shooters have a few candies, and they we change the rules - you now need to cut the stick before you can move onto the next candy. Then there are the Necco Wafers, little chalky Valentines Day hearts, etc. So I have plenty of 'bait' out at the target array for both ants and flies.

Haven't gone after ants yet (they seem 'smart' enough to keep out of sight), but you are right - Flies are great fun. My favorite shot was hitting one in its a$$ end at 40 yards, stuffing him halfway into the cardboard target backer. He wasn't gonna have any more kids after that shot!

Hello everyone,

OK, OK, I am from Texas and everything is bigger in Texas. Our lies stories about fishing are truly whoppers. But I must step back and tip my hat to you two fellows @TMH and @davelarson.....shooting flies and ants at 40-yards with a pellet rifle.....

ThomasT

Reactions: qball