NO REGULATION !?!

AkWjn25.jpg

15 Degrees F, No issues with my Concept XR. I hunted a lot this year and every day was below freezing. I acclimated my guns the night before by leaving them in the garage. I check my zero before I go into the woods. and everything hits where I am.

AkWjn25.jpg

15 Degrees F, No issues with my Concept XR. I hunted a lot this year and every day was below freezing. I acclimated my guns the night before by leaving them in the garage. I check my zero before I go into the woods. and everything hits where I am.

I am in Connecticut and did outdoor target shooting all winter in freezing temps.

To have any success, I put my rifle outside 30 minutes before I started shooting. I then zeroed after the rifle was as cold as the outdoors.

If you take a rifle from 70 degree indoor temperature into 30 degree outdoor temperatures, you will experience PoI shifts as the rifle gets colder.

The PoI shifts are from two sources: (1) the rifle itself - air pressure changes and (2) scope shift due to the metal scope tube contracting and slightly shifting the glass elements.

At least temperatures don’t change as quickly as the wind, lol.

I have not had any issues with the regulator on my prophet in cold weather, but I think if I ever did I would just go to my camera bag and grab one of my velcro lens heaters and battery pack. Wrap it around the reg to warm it up.
I don't see why that would not work.

View attachment 346669

I use these on humid days to keep my lens from fogging, They can be had in various sizes for $20 or less on Amazon.
is there one in a headband size ? 😎

Ive got a theory about poi shift in cold weather . Bench shooters will most likely have the sun on the right side or the left side. The long black cold barrel is 30 degrees on one side . The other side is getting direct sunlight and black absorbs all the sun's light rays creating heat or warmth. That side expands and pushes your poi off to one side.

Some guys with poi shifts I wonder if they are switching ammo or shooting in a breeze or the barrel is not properly secured.

...I have recently become aware of an issue I have never considered...COLD WEATHER...

...,I do not know how much of an issue this is with regulated air guns as I have never had one before a recently acquired AP16...

...I was looking hard at the Evanix Rainstorm as a powerful and accurate hunter that is designed to shoot consistently for a large number of shots w/o a regulator...

...in an old review by shooter 1721 a .30 did very well in very cold conditions...I am after a .22...

...at first the Idea of regulated air guns got me all excited but I am more and more coming around to the conclusion that regulators may not actually be desirable if they can be avoided...

...how does cold weather affect regulated air guns...???...

Look at a huben k1. Cold had no effect on it.