• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

No obvious choice under $8,000

Thanks, it's always the case when I get into something new I gravitate towards the thing that will cover the widest range of circumstances, but it makes sense of course that a rifle is going to excel in 1-2 areas.

To be clear, I don't have an $8k budget, I was just saying that I don't mind spending a lot to get something that will last.

Before I start my search for prices, is there anyone that would add to the short list of HW77K, HW80, HW85?

Weight IS an issue because I plan to carry it all day hunting and take my kids hunting and would like them to be able to shoot it with a bit of help if necessary (not at any living targets of course until they are proficient on their own).

I guess that might mean a different stock, or an adjustable stock at least- if anyone knows if any of the above are easier to swap stocks or if one of them has more accessories available, I would appreciate the opinion about that. 

And of course I am still open to the idea of something else, has to have:

• iron sights
  • springer
  • decent amount of either aftermarket or OEM parts and accessories 
  • ideally something that lends itself better to being able to work on it myself rather than using a gunsmith. For example, with new handgunners I usually recommend something like a Sig Sauer 9mm over any 1911 style handgun that has a lot of little springs and is quite difficult for new shooters to completely strip down. For new rifle shooters, I always recommend a FAL because it's so simple to strip it for cleaning and maintenance plus has absurd number of options for every part of it and has adjustable gas to tune it up easily to the ammo you are shooting.

I'm looking around for these now, inj the meantime if you have any other suggestions I thank you!